XVI International Symposium “Trace Elements in Man and Animals” (TEMA-16)
We invite you to take part in the 16th International Symposium "Trace Elements in Man and Animals" (TEMA-16), combined with regular conferences of the International Society for the Study of Microelements in Human Beings (ISTERH) and the Scandinavian Society of Microelements (NTES).
The event will be held on June 26-29, 2017 (St. Petersburg). The symposium was organized with the support of the Department of Medical Elementology of the RUDN Medical Institute.
Symposia TEMA traditionally gather on its site experts of various profiles working in the field of studying the role of chemical elements in biology and medicine. Among the participants of the symposium: chemists-analysts, biologists, biochemists, doctors and veterinarians, representatives of pharmaceutical companies and other specialists.
The plenary lectures will be delivered by recognized experts in the field of studying trace elements:
· Michael Aschner - The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
· John Beattie - University of Aberdeen, UK
· Patrice Couture - Institute National de La Recherche Scientifique, Quebec, Canada
· Dianne Ford - Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
· Vadim N. Gladyshev - Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
· Xingen Lei - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
· Bernhard Michalke - Helmholtz Zentrum München - German Research Center for Environmental Health GmbH, Neuherberg, Germany
· Lothar Rink - RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
· Manuel Ruz - University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
· Dirk Schaumlöffel - University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour, Pau, France
· Friedrich Schöne - Thuringian State Institute of Agriculture, Jena, Germany
· Jerry W. Spears - North Carolina State University, Raleigh, USA
· Marco Vinceti - University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
· Michael Zimmermann - Institute of Food, Nutrition, and Health, Zurich, Switzerland and others.
The abstracts of the conference will be published in the Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology (Web of Science / Scopus, IF = 2.550). Selected articles on the symposium materials will be published in the journals Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, Trace Elements and Electrolytes, Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Technologia Alimentaria, indexed in the Web of Science / Scopus.
February 14, 2017 - Deadline submission of abstracts
February 24, 2017 - Deadline for payment of the abstract submission fee
01 March 2017 - Deadline for early registration fee payment
June 25, 2017 - The day of arrival of participants, preliminary registration
June 26-29, 2017 - Working days of the Symposium
More detailed organizational information is available on the symposium website
We are introducing interesting heroes of the university. César Verduga Vélez is a RUDN graduate’71 from Ecuador.
RUDN University has trained graduated about 200 thousand students, including specialists from all over the world. One of them is Francois, a graduate of the RUDN Faculty of Economics, a major Cameroonian entrepreneur and author of 9 books on economics and business. In 2010, Francois completed his postgraduate studies and defended his Ph.D. at RUDN.
The trip of Mohammed to Russia is a part of his dream of becoming a diplomat. The young man studied international relations for 4 years, and after that he decided to change the track and broaden his horizons. This year he is graduating from RUDN University master’s program “Arts and Humanities”. Read the 7 years’ story and plans for the future in an interview.