XVI International Symposium “Trace Elements in Man and Animals” (TEMA-16)
We invite you to take part in the 16th International Symposium "Trace Elements in Man and Animals" (TEMA-16), combined with regular conferences of the International Society for the Study of Microelements in Human Beings (ISTERH) and the Scandinavian Society of Microelements (NTES).
The event will be held on June 26-29, 2017 (St. Petersburg). The symposium was organized with the support of the Department of Medical Elementology of the RUDN Medical Institute.
Symposia TEMA traditionally gather on its site experts of various profiles working in the field of studying the role of chemical elements in biology and medicine. Among the participants of the symposium: chemists-analysts, biologists, biochemists, doctors and veterinarians, representatives of pharmaceutical companies and other specialists.
The plenary lectures will be delivered by recognized experts in the field of studying trace elements:
· Michael Aschner - The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
· John Beattie - University of Aberdeen, UK
· Patrice Couture - Institute National de La Recherche Scientifique, Quebec, Canada
· Dianne Ford - Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
· Vadim N. Gladyshev - Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
· Xingen Lei - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
· Bernhard Michalke - Helmholtz Zentrum München - German Research Center for Environmental Health GmbH, Neuherberg, Germany
· Lothar Rink - RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
· Manuel Ruz - University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
· Dirk Schaumlöffel - University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour, Pau, France
· Friedrich Schöne - Thuringian State Institute of Agriculture, Jena, Germany
· Jerry W. Spears - North Carolina State University, Raleigh, USA
· Marco Vinceti - University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
· Michael Zimmermann - Institute of Food, Nutrition, and Health, Zurich, Switzerland and others.
The abstracts of the conference will be published in the Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology (Web of Science / Scopus, IF = 2.550). Selected articles on the symposium materials will be published in the journals Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, Trace Elements and Electrolytes, Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Technologia Alimentaria, indexed in the Web of Science / Scopus.
February 14, 2017 - Deadline submission of abstracts
February 24, 2017 - Deadline for payment of the abstract submission fee
01 March 2017 - Deadline for early registration fee payment
June 25, 2017 - The day of arrival of participants, preliminary registration
June 26-29, 2017 - Working days of the Symposium
More detailed organizational information is available on the symposium website
Marco Calderon Verduga came to Russia from Ecuador. He graduated with a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Political Science from the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia. Read an interview about the choice of university and adaptation in Moscow.
Aaron’s list of achievements consists of 20 items: participation in a dozen professional events, certificates for achievements in studies and research, 3 scientific articles. In 2022, Aaron is graduating from the Faculty of Economics of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia with a degree in Economics. Read an interview to know why an African student decided to study in Russia.
The essence of the profession of a veterinarian is to treat animals, but this is in short. And if you want more details you’ll find them in an interview with Daria Ryzhova, a RUDN University graduate in Veterinary and Sanitary Expertise. Now she is a leading specialist at the Centre for Veterinary Medicine, a subordinate organization of the Department of Veterinary Medicine of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia.