RUDN University signs an Agreement on the establishment of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education
Thanks to the Agreement, it is planned to organize training in Islamic business at RUDN University and other Russian and foreign universities. Students from all over the world will be able to learn the basics of Islamic business, Islamic law, finance, learn the philosophy and history of Islam, and study foreign languages.
The agreement includes a double degree program, which will open up the possibility of exchanging students from RUDN University and foreign universities. It is also planned to allocate grants for scientific work in the field of Islamic business.
The main goals of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education:
- Scientific and educational — teaching the basics of history, philosophy of Islam, Islamic banking, law and finance.
- Educational — informing the public and representatives of all denominations of the true humanistic essence of Islam.
- Economic — development of Islamic business as a significant component of the Russian economy. Attraction of investments from the countries of the Middle East.
- Humanistic — countering and preventing the ideas of extremism in the modern world.
The program of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education will be useful to students all over the world, including RUDN University students, a significant part of whom are representatives of Muslim confessions.
Thanks to cooperation with leading universities in the world, as well as outstanding scientists, professors and academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the staff, RUDN is ready to give students a full range of knowledge in the field of Islamic business.
The goal of the International Association for Islamic Businesses (IAIB) is to help young people who want to gain knowledge, but who cannot afford to pay for their education.
The launch of the educational program is scheduled for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The meeting was attended by:
- Oleg Yastrebov — Rector of RUDN University;
- Mikhail Katsarsky — Vice-rector of RUDN University for Government Relations;
- Sergey Zinkovsky — acting Director of RUDN University Law Institute;
- Marat Kabaev — President of MAIB / MAIB Business Club;
- Dmitry Potapov — Representative of MAIB on educational and strategic issues.
RUDN University is the only university that represented Russia at the international educational exhibition “EDUGATE 2023” in Egypt, which brought together 90 leading universities from 12 countries from Algeria and Morocco to the USA and Germany.
In August, a delegation from Ghana met with the Russian Union of Potato and Vegetable Producers, an industrial partner of RUDN University. Representatives of the Korle Klottey Municipal Assembly (Ghana), led by the mayor of Accra, visited the agricultural company “Virgin Alliance” in the Tula region. The excursion was organized by the Agricultural and Technological Institute of RUDN University.
While someone is on summer holidays, RUDN students of economics keep studying. They went to hot Zambia at the invitation of the Graduate School of Business of the University of Zambia for two weeks of the summer school “Russia-Zambia: Economic Opportunities and Prospects”.