Measures taken at RUDN
Measures taken at RUDN
General measures for the prevention of the spread of viral infection
- All students and staff are notified of the need to report the facts of going abroad from February 24 indicating the places and dates of stay, as well as informing about all planned trips outside Russia until June 1, 2020.
- All employees and students are informed about the need to inform RUDN University about hospitalization with suspected coronavirus infection. Hot line: +7 (903) 136-28-30.
- Sanitary and epidemiological measures have been strengthened: all premises are regularly disinfected, classrooms, offices and labs aired out, antiseptics are available in all buildings and facilities. All dormitories are under medical supervision.
- Thermovision cameras for continuous monitoring of body temperature are installed at each entrance / exit to RUDN University buildings. In the buildings of RUDN University dormitories, body temperature is measured at the entrance to the building using non-contact thermometers. People with high body temperature (over 37.2 degrees) are isolated in specially allocated rooms until the arrival of the ambulance.
- From March 23 to April 10, 2020, all sports, entertainment, public and other public events at RUDN University are cancelled. Some events are held online or postponed.
Organization of the educational process
- Starting from April 6, remote training is resumed at RUDN University - using e-learning and distance learning technologies.
- Starting from March 10, RUDN University temporarily suspended sending students to study outside of Russia as part of outgoing academic mobility. Foreign citizens from China, Korea, Italy, Iran, France, Germany, Spain, other member states of the European Union, Serbia, Andorra, Albania, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Macedonia, Montenegro, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, the Principality of Monaco, the Principality of Liechtenstein, Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Vatican, the Republic of San Marino, Croatia, the USA are not accepted for training and internships at the RUDN University for short-term programs lasting less than 14 days.
- March 16-24, the RUDN University introduced distance learning and free attendance mode.
- Since March 24, the entire educational process at the university has been transferred to online mode. Classes are held using e-learning and distance learning technologies. Students study according to individual curricula.
- From March 28 to April 5 students were on.
- Hotline for online education: +7 (495) -434-42-12, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Since March 10, RUDN University staff trips to China, Korea, Italy, Iran, France, Germany, Spain and other countries with unfavorable epidemiological situation have been canceled or postponed.
- Since March 23, some categories of employees have been given the opportunity to work remotely. First of all - those with children under 14; people at risk: women over 60 years old, men over 65 years old; travel time to work over 1.5 hours.
- From March 26 to April 14, all employees over the age of 65 are self-isolated.
- March 30 - April 5 are non-working days for all employees at RUDN University except for departments providing the university’s activity.
- Self-isolated employees can get assistance from RUDN volunteers at the formers’ request.
- Since March 30, all meetings of more than 10 people are in the video conference mode (for operating departments).
- From April 2 to 30, visits to RUDN University hostels by persons who do not live in this dorm, including RUDN students living in other dorm buildings, are prohibited. Teachers and employees of RUDN University, parents, guests, representatives of diplomatic missions and consulates can visit only after getting a written permission.
- Students and staff living in RUDN University dormitories are informed about the need not to leave the dormitories or attend mass events, as well as public places with a large crowd of people, without extreme need.
- Russian students who left the dorms before March 30 notified RUDN University of the places and dates of their subsequent stay.
- On campus, food shops work from 09:00 am to 01:00 am, food can be delivered from the nearest cafes from 10:00 am to 08:00 pm. The cafeteria in the main building of RUDN University is open from 09:00 am to 08:00 pm.
- The work of the Volunteer Center is organized in each building of the RUDN University dormitory; work schedule is in each building.
- In Dorm #15, an office of psychological assistance for students and staff is open from 10:00am to 6:00pm (no lunchbreak) from Monday to Friday.
- Students have access to the co-working zone in the main building of RUDN University - daily from 9:00am to 10:00pm.
- RUDN Clinical and Diagnostic Center is open from 08:00am to 8:00pm.
- For students who left campus during distance learning, payment for accommodation and utilities in dorms for the period from April 1 to June 30 has been canceled. For those who paid in advance, payment will be recalculated and carried forward to subsequent months.
- April 13 - 30, self-isolation regime is introduced at RUDN dorms: it is allowed to leave the dorm for no more than 2 hours, no more than once a day. Exceptions are staying in the co-working area or halls of the Scientific Library in the main building. Since April 14, medical masks and latex gloves can be obtained at the exit of all campus buildings.
Winter and summer Universiades (World Student Games), championships and world cups among students, more than 60 sports and athletes from 150 countries — this is all about FISU. FISU is the International University Sports Federation, promoting sports activities among students around the world. Read our article about FISU and student sports.
More than 200 students from 40 countries will come to Russia in July, 2022, to fight for the World Cup in powerlifting.
Zoya is now in Tokyo for the 16th Summer Paralympic Games. The most important start of her sports career will take place on 28 August. She participates in swimming competitions among people with locomotive disabilities.