New journal of RUDN University — “Macroscociolinguistics and Minority Languages”
The journal is going to publish articles in both Russian and English, as well as minority languages on language policy, functional stratification of languages in various language situations, research of psychological components of language situations, standardization and codification of minority languages.
Relevance and topic
- related to macrosociolinguistics, as well as linguistic law and psycholinguistics;
- subject area includes the problems of language contacts and language situations, sociolinguistic dynamics, language policy and language planning, social ideas about the language.
Gials and tasks
- develop scientific cooperation between Russian and foreign sociolinguists, as well as experts in related areas;
- introduce readers to the latest Russian and international research in the field of macrosociolinguistics;
- publish the results of authentic theoretical, applied and descriptive research;
- educate and disseminate scientific knowledge about various language situations to a wide range of readers.
You will find
- regular thematic issues with invited Russian and foreign co-editors;
- a permanent column dedicated to the review of scientific works “Macrosociolinguistics in Russia and the world”;
- a permanent educational rubric “Complicated phenomena simply explained” for a a wide audience;
- a discussion platform for issues related to language preservation, language policy and language planning;
- works of young researchers.
“We have long needed a publication combining various theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of minority languages.
What is our goal? We need a platform to publish results of multidisciplinary studies of minority languages by methods used in various fields of scientific knowledge: macrosociolinguistics, law, ethnology, history, philosophy, psychology and dialectology.
The journal is unique due to an important social mission — the preservation and support of minority languages. In this regard, it will publish bilingual articles in Russian / English and minority languages ”, said Svetlana Moskvicheva, Chief Editor of the journal" Macroscociolinguistics and Minority Languages ".
The journal will be published twice a year in Russian, English, French, Spanish, Italian and the languages of the Russian Federation.. International both in terms of the composition of the editorial board and expert council, and in terms of authors and topics of publications.
The magazine is going to be published only in electronic form, without a subscription. There will be at least 10 articles in each issue. In addition to scientific articles, the editorial board accepts scientific reviews for consideration, and also publishes reviews of monographs, information about conferences, scientific projects, etc. The preliminary composition of the editorial board includes scientists from Austria, Great Britain, Spain, Ireland, Canada, France, and Scotland.
The RUDN University scientist together with colleagues from Germany for the first time showed the unique possibilities of studying the CD38 protein in mast cells using multiplex immunohistochemistry technologies. The obtained results open up new horizons in the study of the antitumorigenic effects of the tumor microenvironment and the development of promising methods of cancer immunotherapy.
The chemist RUDN proposed a way to destroy caffeine with the help of ultraviolet radiation and available composites. The discovery will help to safely clean the water from accidental contamination.
The rudn university chemist together with colleagues from Belgium improved the protocol of the classical Petasis reaction, which is used to obtain substances for medicine and agrochemistry. The improved method allows the reaction to be carried out in mild conditions with a high yield of the product.