New university clinics of RUDN Medical Institute on the basis of «SM-Clinic» holding
RUDN Rector V.Filippov and General Director of «SM-Clinic» holding N.Smyslov signed an agreement of setting-up a University clinic on the basis of «SM-Clinic» holding.
«The quality of medical services and increasing the level of medical education is especially important for our University, which teaches students from more than 150 countries», said RUDN Rector.
The parties agreed in the following priority areas of cooperation:
- increasing the Medical Institute clinical bases;
- elaborating joint educational programs in the system «Life-long learning»;
- refresher programs for the holding’s specialists at RUDN Medical Institute;
- teaching students at the holding’s bases, developing joint research;
- employing Medical Institute students at the holding’s clinics;
- «Nursing» Bachelor’s programs for senior nurses of the holding;
- joint research, doctors of the holding defending theses at RUDN;
- developing telehealth technologies in the holding’s clinics;
- joint Russian and international conferences.
The current agreement is the first out of three concluded in August and has strategic importance for the Medical Institute. The next to come are agreements with «UNIDENT» dentist network and the Central Research Institute of Dentistry and maxillofacial surgery.
RUDN mathematicians investigated the possibility of combining 5 GNR technology and WiGig — a high-frequency range that allows you to transfer data at speeds up to 10 Gbps. This will smooth traffic fluctuations in 5Gnetworks and cope with user requests.
Scientists from the Winogradsky Institute of Microbiology RAS, RUDN University, St. Petersburg State University and the Tyumen Scientific Centre SB RAS studied the microbial communities from several lakes of the Yamal Peninsula. It turned out that methanotrophs (bacteria that use methane as a source of energy) consume methane more actively in the deep mature lakes of the peninsula than in small thermokarst lakes. In this regard, methane emissions into the atmosphere from the surface of deep lakes are low, and only small (relatively younger thermokarst lakes with constitutional ground ice) can make a significant contribution to methane emissions in the north of Western Siberia. Thus, bacteria perform an important function for the climate balance — they reduce the emission of methane into the atmosphere.
RUDN University physicists have described the conditions for the most efficient operation of long mirror-based variant of cyclotron in the autoresonance mode. These data will bring better understanding of plasma processes in magnetic traps.