New university clinics of RUDN Medical Institute on the basis of «SM-Clinic» holding
RUDN Rector V.Filippov and General Director of «SM-Clinic» holding N.Smyslov signed an agreement of setting-up a University clinic on the basis of «SM-Clinic» holding.
«The quality of medical services and increasing the level of medical education is especially important for our University, which teaches students from more than 150 countries», said RUDN Rector.
The parties agreed in the following priority areas of cooperation:
- increasing the Medical Institute clinical bases;
- elaborating joint educational programs in the system «Life-long learning»;
- refresher programs for the holding’s specialists at RUDN Medical Institute;
- teaching students at the holding’s bases, developing joint research;
- employing Medical Institute students at the holding’s clinics;
- «Nursing» Bachelor’s programs for senior nurses of the holding;
- joint research, doctors of the holding defending theses at RUDN;
- developing telehealth technologies in the holding’s clinics;
- joint Russian and international conferences.
The current agreement is the first out of three concluded in August and has strategic importance for the Medical Institute. The next to come are agreements with «UNIDENT» dentist network and the Central Research Institute of Dentistry and maxillofacial surgery.
A team of medics from RUDN University conducted an experiment on rats and confirmed that surgeries in the nasal cavity can cause behavioral changes, namely, make the animals timider. This effect is associated with an ANS reaction triggered by stress.