Firsovskiye Readings V: “Modern Languages, Communication and Migration in a Globalized World
We are pleased to invite you to take part in the International Conference Firsovskiye Readings V: Modern Languages, Communication and Migration in a Globalized World to be held in Moscow 20-21 October, 2021 at RUDN University, in memory of the outstanding Russian linguist Natalia M. Firsova. RUDN University traditionally occupies a prominent global position in the study of modern languages and linguistics.
In 2021, the International Rating Agency Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) recognized this fact, including the university in the subject rankings of TOP-100 for Modern Languages, and TOP-150 for Linguistics.
The conference aims to promote
- Exchange of scientific achievements in the field of modern languages; linguistics, communication, language education and migration studies;
- Popularization of linguistic and interdisciplinary research;
- Development of international cooperation.
We invite papers on the following topics:
- Sociolinguistics and sociolinguists: theorists, practitioners and activists
- Pluricentric languages in the modern world
- Pragmatics and Discourse Studies
- Word and phraseological units: linguacultural and axiological aspects
- Translation and intercultural communication
- Migration: Linguistic and sociocultural adaptation
- Ancient languages and cultures: Traditions and the contemporary context
- Language education
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Laura ALBA-JUEZ (National Distance Education University, Madrid)
- Jean-Marc DEWAELE (Birkbeck University of London)
- Douglas Mark PONTON (University of Catania)
- Alain Dominique VIAUT (French National Centre for Scientific Research)
- Vladimir I. Ильич KARASIK (Pushkin State Russian Language Institute)
- Natalia V. KARPOVSKAYA (Southern Federal University)
- Liliya V. MOISEYENKO (Moscow State University of Linguistics)
- Marina I. SOLNISHKINA (Kazan Federal University)
Important dates and information
- Registration (online) - July 1st, 2021
- Paper submission - August 1st, 2021
- Notification of acceptance – September 1st, 2021
- In person (online participation is also admitted)
- Languages of the conference: Russian and English
- Participation fee: free of charge
- All speakers will receive a Participant Certificate
- Participants’ papers of up to five pages (300 words per page) will be published in the Conference proceedings, indexed in the RSCI (Russian Science Citation Index)
Registration and paper submission
Conference registration is available. The papers should be sent to the organizing committee as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The filename should contain the name of the participant and the abbreviation of the conference: e.g. Brown_FCh2021_Text.
Formatting template can be downloaded here.
The organizing committee reserves the right not to consider submissions which do not meet the specified requirements.
After approval of the proposal by anonymous reviewers, notification of acceptance will be sent. For any questions related to the conference, please contact the organizing committee at: email@example.com
Please forward this invitation letter to anyone in your network that might be interested.