International summer school "Monitoring, modeling and managing of urban soil and green infrastructure" (3MUGIS)
Department of landscape design and sustainable ecosystems of agrarian and technological institute RUDN University invites students, PhD students and other young scientists to participate in the international online summer school “Monitoring, modeling and managing of urban soil and green infrastructure (3MUGIS)”. Summer school provides participants with knowledge of modern environmental consequences and possibilities of urbanization with an emphasis on special soil function.
At the end of the program, students will better understand ecology and biogeochemistry of urban soils and plants, advances in monitoring and modeling of urban soils and green infrastructures, role of nature-based solutions and urban green infrastructure for human health and well-being.
- Peter Groffman (CUNY Advanced Science Research Center at the Graduate Center and Brooklyn College Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, USA)
- Carlo Calfapietra (Institute of Research on Terrestrial Ecosystems National Research Council, Italy)
- Riccardo Valentini (RUDN University, Russia / UNITUS, Italy)
- Jean Louis Morel (Lorraine University, France)
- Diana Dushkova (Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Germany)
- Geoffroy Séré (Lorraine University, France)
- Paolo Viskanic (R3GIS, Italy)
- Pace Rocco (National Research Council, Italy)
- Alison Fairbrass (University College London, GB)
- Anna Paltseva (University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA)
- Olga Gavrichkova (National Research Council, Italy)
Partners: Kola Science Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia), Southern Federal University (Russia), Brooklyn College (USA), Berlin Technical University (Germany).
3MUGIS-2021 in Brief
- 5 days of intensive lectures, seminars and practical exercises online.
- Lectures and seminars by the top-level scientists and practitioners.
- Life broadcasts and live action videos from the field tour “from sea to sea” sites: Teriberka, Apatity, Rostov-on-Don, Abrau-Durso.
- Teamwork on practical projects.
- Online opening and closing ceremonies with entertainment activities.
- Best Project Contest. The winners will be awarded with diplomas and special prizes.
- 1 ECTS Certificate, recognized by educational programs worldwide.
3MUGIS will be held in an online format. It will use ZOOM platform for running the summer school. The school rooms will be open during lectures and workshops according to the 3MUGIS program. The links to the rooms and the materials will be sent by e-mail to the registered participants.
All the participants will receive the official 1ECTS certificate, recognized internationally.