Student, Graduate, Prime minister: César Verduga Vélez, RUDN graduate from Ecuador
César Verduga Vélez is one of the first RUDN University graduates from Ecuador. He entered the Faculty of Economics in 1964 and graduated in 1971. He was twice Prime minister of Ecuador and the country’s minister of labor. At RUDN University, Cesar met his future wife from Argentina. Ana Jusid studied history at the Faculty of History and Philology (now the Faculty of Philology). Ana Jusid was a writer, teacher, playwright, historian and painter, as well as a member of the General Directorate of Culture of the National University of Quilmes and a columnist for the National Radio. In 2019, Cesar’s nephew, Jorge Marco Calderon Verduga, also graduated from RUDN with a degree in Political Science.
- 1984-1988: Chairman of the Commission on Human Rights of the National Congress of Ecuador, Member of the National Congress of Ecuador;
- 1988-1990: Minister of Labor and Human Resources of the Republic of Ecuador;
- 1990-1992: Minister of the Government, Police and Municipalities of the Republic of Ecuador;
- 1992-1993: Advisor to the Presidium of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in Washington, USA;
- 1994-1995: Consultant of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), in the project “Governance and Human Development”, Ecuador;
- 1996-1997: Chairman of the Commission on Constitutional Affairs of the National Congress of Ecuador, Member of the National Congress of Ecuador;
- 1997-1998: Minister of the Government, Police and Municipalities of the Republic of Ecuador;
- 2002-2003: Adviser to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on human rights and compliance with the UN Millennium Goals, Guatemala;
- 2005-2007: political consultant in the Office of the President of the Republic of Honduras.
Timur Imomnazarov is a graduate of RUDN Engineering Academy. Today he has his own business in the field of construction - "The First Composite Company". In our interview Timur talks about the first scientific article, love for skiing and his daughter.
RUDN University has trained graduated about 200 thousand students, including specialists from all over the world. One of them is Francois, a graduate of the RUDN Faculty of Economics, a major Cameroonian entrepreneur and author of 9 books on economics and business. In 2010, Francois completed his postgraduate studies and defended his Ph.D. at RUDN.
The trip of Mohammed to Russia is a part of his dream of becoming a diplomat. The young man studied international relations for 4 years, and after that he decided to change the track and broaden his horizons. This year he is graduating from RUDN University master’s program “Arts and Humanities”. Read the 7 years’ story and plans for the future in an interview.