RUDN students met with representatives of the employer company KANTAR TNS
Every year, students of the Federal State Employment Service of the RUDN University in the Sociology direction undergo practical training at Kantar TNS, some of them are arranged for summer practices, internships and are subsequently employed by the company.
During the meeting, company representatives told students about the benefits of working at Kantar TNS, as well as about their capabilities as part of their implementation during their studies:
Duration: during the year, at least 1 month, full-time 5 days a week.
For whom: students of any course
- Participation in real research projects
- Creation of questionnaires and data analytics
- Basic principles for creating presentations and reports
- Inclusion in the personnel reserve for starting positions
Duration: 1 year from August, full-time 5 days a week.
For whom: undergraduate students and graduate students
- Practical experience in the field of expertise for the year
- Interesting tasks and involvement in real projects from the first days
- Professional training in research methods
- Registration in the state of Kantar under the Labor Code of the Russian Federation from the first day
- Work in one of the research departments after the end of the program
Deadline: February-May, Fridays
For whom: 1st year students and older
- Lectures, master classes and practical assignments from experts and clients of the company
- An opportunity to understand how research works in real life
- Useful research chips and life hacks from Kantar professionals
Work in the field (interviewer)
Duration: throughout the year, flexible schedule
For whom: students of any course, graduates
- Practical work experience
- Understanding the specifics of working in the “field” and the data collection process
- Decent pay and practice
- Work with flexible schedules throughout the year
Students showed great interest in the event, asked questions regarding the structure of the company, its main areas of work, the prestige and relevance of the profession of sociologist. Clarifying questions were also asked about internships and ongoing workshops: how to sign up for them, when they take place.
Kantar TNS (ZAO TNS MITS) is one of the leaders in the Russian research market. Founded in 1989, the company has gone from a small research agency to a large company, part of the international research holding Kantar and the advertising and communication group WPP. In Russia, Kantar TNS provides a full cycle of work in the field of custom marketing research. The company's customers are large national and international companies, leading brands in their industries.
Rector of RUDN University Oleg Yastrebov presented awards from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, gratitude from the Peoples' Friendship University of Russia and the Global Universities Association to the university staff.
Yury Chikhanchin, Director of the Federal Financial Monitoring Service of Russia (Rosfinmonitoring), presented Oleg Yastrebov, RUDN Rector, with a Certificate of Merit from the President of the Russian Federation.
April 13, 2022, at a meeting of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in New York, Professor Aslan Abashidze, Head of the Department of International Law of RUDN Institute of Law was elected member of the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights for the fourth time for four year (2023-2026).