The beginning of the academic year at RUDN University. How we study in the first semester?
Educational process organization
- The 2021/2022 academic year for all full-time students starts on 1 September.
- The start of the academic year for part-time or distance students will be organized in accordance with the curricula which can be found in the Dean’s Office/Directorate of the training department which implements the educational programme.
- Practical and laboratory classes will be conducted for full-time students on campus (in RUDN University classrooms).
- Lectures will be mostly conducted in a distance mode (as webinars) for full-time students.
- Seminar classes in non-major disciplines and interdisciplinary courses will be conducted in a distance mode for full-time students.
- Practical classes in major disciplines can be conducted in a distance mode for full-time students (provided they are agreed with the management of the training department).
- Postgraduate programmes in terms of students’ mastering the theoretical part of the programme will be implemented solely using distance educational technologies. As for implementing research work (including doing laboratory research in RUDN University classrooms) and practical training for students on the territory of external organizations, it is permitted to work in the full-time mode with postgraduate students.
- International students who do not have the possibility to leave for the Russian Federation will be trained in a distance mode (using the resources of the RUDN University Electronic Information Educational Environment).
- PT classes are organized mostly outside taken weather conditions starting from 01.09.2021. In case of unfavourable weather conditions PT classes will be conducted either in a distance mode in accordance with the online schedule of the department or in Sports and Recreation Centre facilities following up the current recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor and RUDN University regulatory acts.
- Group consultations in academic disciplines are organized in a distance mode. The schedule of the consultations will be placed on the pages of the disciplines in the TTIS until 12.09.2021.
- While students are in full-time class in the RUDN University classrooms, the social distancing and measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 shall be observed (in accordance with the current recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor and the RUDN University regulations).
- The schedule for lending out textbooks from the Educational and Scientific Information Library Centre will be posted on the resources of the RUDN University Electronic Information Educational Environment until 25.08.2021.
- The courseware for all the disciplines implemented at university in the first term of the 2021/2022 academic year are posted in the TTIS.
- The current schedule of classes will be posted on the university website in the Schedule section and in the mobile application.
Educational process organization in institutes / faculties / academy in the first term of the 2021/2022 academic year
The XXX International Mathematics Competition for University Students 2023 has ended in Bulgaria. The competition brought together 393 of the strongest students from 40 countries, including Singapore and Indonesia, South Africa and Algeria, Mexico and Colombia, Spain and Norway. RUDN mathematicians won silver and bronze.
The third-year bachelor students in Ecology and Nature Management Shkopkina Angelina and Mustafina Kamila who are also mastering the professional conversion course "Translator" at the Institute of Environmental Engineering not only had the opportunity to show all their language skills and abilities, but also to become the best in interpreting among 48 other participants in the International Interpreting Competition in Minsk (the Republic of Belarus).
4 days of work, 4 sections, 270 participants — RUDN University environmentalists from Nigeria won the competition of young scientists in the nomination “Best poster report” among the participants of the conference at the Russian University of Chemical Technology named after D. Mendeleev.