International studenst conference “Language and cultures: prospects for development in the 21st century”
18 November at 15:00 MSK
The international conference arranged for students and teachers of foreign languages will contribute to improving the quality of learning foreign languages and cultures in accordance with the new requirements for education in Social Sciences and Humanities. Globalization process brings about the necessity of changing methods of foreign languages teaching, rethinking global values, methodological basis and the results of linguistic education.
The working languages of the conference are: English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, German, Persian.
The purpose of the conference is to promote professional skills of future translators/interpreters as well as to integrate the language and professional skills of graduates, to achieve the ideal balance between theoretical and applied knowledge and to encourage both academic studies and research. The conference will also promote the study of international experience, the development of international cooperation in the field of education.
The conference is aimed at panel discussion of the prospects for development of foreign languages and countries where they are spoken. In other words, our aim is to promote the competitive ability of our graduates in the labor market by means of their language competence enhancement.
The objectives of the conference are the following:
- to promote successful integration of language and professional competence in students’ activities;
- to develop skills that are in-demand at labor market;
- to increase motivation to study a foreign language;
- to foster students’ and teachers’ initiative;
- to stimulate research;
- to facilitate the choice of individual educational trajectories;
- to enhance autonomy, self-dependence, self-actualization of students and teachers.
During the conference we are planning to discuss the following issues
- European Languages in the context of Globalization: peculiar features, prospects for development and interaction;
- globalization of English and the prospects for national languages development;
- westernization (leaning west) and the export of western values;
- individualism, freedom and democracy;
- systemwide crisis in developed countries;
- the dynamics of civilizations development;
- human rights;
- social modernization;
- growth of social polarization;
- fundamentalism, radical grass-root movements, terrorism;
- prospects for International and regional organizations development;
- West – non West Confrontation.
The conference has become a significant event where foreign language learners and teachers from the leading universities throughout the world get together to present their projects and share their knowledge.
- You are invited to submit your paper and the Registration form at the email@example.com and to participate in the conference.
- The deadline for papers submission is 25th of October, 2021.
- There is no participation fee.
- Papers submission guidelines and Template can be found here and here.