XII All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference "Mass Communication in a Multipolar World: Problems and Prospects"
The Department of Mass Communications of the Philological Faculty of RUDN University invites everyone to take part in the XII All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference “Mass Communication in a Multipolar World: Problems and Prospects.”
Renowned scholars from leading universities, as well as practitioners of the profession, will discuss the changing role of journalists in mass information processes under the influence of digitalization, rapid transformation of the communication landscape, merging of online and offline communications, convergence of media and the birth of new formats.
The goal of the conference is to create a discussion platform that brings together researchers, practitioners and academics from different fields: journalism, linguistics, public relations, marketing, psychology, international relations, political science, cultural studies, sociology, etc., for the exchange of experience and research results.
Objectives of the conference:
- identify and systematize the current developments in the field of media and communications and discuss various aspects of teaching journalism and public relations;
- provide scientists, teachers and practitioners from different scientific and professional communities with the opportunity to interact, exchange the results of research carried out in the field of communications and affecting other spheres of culture and society;
- define the perspectives of research and interdisciplinary scientific dialogue in order to develop integrated approaches to the complex problems of media and communications existing in the world.
The main topics of the conference:
Section I. “Print and electronic media (radio and television)”, moderator — Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor Alexander Grabelnikov
Section II. “Public Relations and Advertising”, moderator — Doctor of Social Sciences, Professor Valery Muzykant
Section III. “New media”, moderator — Doctor of Philology, Professor Irina Volkova
Section IV. “Imagology and International Journalism”, moderator — PhD of Philosophy, Associate Professor Galina Miroshnichenko
Section V. “Modern media issues”, moderator — PhD of Philology, Associate Professor Natalia Poplavskaya
- Galina Trofimova, Professor, Department of Mass Communications, RF — Chairman of the Organizing Committee;
- Viktor Barabash, Dean of the Faculty of Philology, Head of the Department of Mass Communications, RF — Co-Chairman of the Organizing Committee;
- Alexander Grabelnikov, Professor, Department of Mass Communications, RF — member of the organizing committee;
- Natalya Gegelova, Associate Professor, Department of Mass Communications, RF — member of the organizing committee;
- Irina Volkova, Professor, Department of Mass Communications, RF — member of the organizing committee;
- Elena Burdovskaya, Associate Professor, Department of Mass Communications, RF — Secretary of the Organizing Committee.
Form of participation
- Presentation with a report;
- In person without a report.
Who is invited to participate
- PR specialists and marketers
- Professionals working in the private and public sector
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Postgraduate students
No registration fee.
Recommendations for the abstracts
- up to 5 pages;
- MS Word-1998-2003 format with * .doc extension;
- Times New Roman font, font size — 12, spacing — single;
- margins: top — 6.1 cm, bottom — 6.5 cm, right — 4.9 cm, left — 4.9 cm;
- from the footer — 5.8 cm, from the top — 5.7 cm;
- article title — capital letters, bold, centered formatting;
- two lines below — surname and initials of the author (s), bold, right-justified formatting;
- next line — university, position, bold, right-justified formatting;
- two lines below — text, text alignment — in width;
- no graphic objects; do not apply styles, do not use function “Lists” and accessibility provided by the menu “Format — Paragraph — Position on the page”; no automatic hyphenation;
- emphasis in the text is allowed only in italics and bold, spacing and underlining are excluded;
- the text should not contain hyperlinks. If necessary, references to literature are made as follows: in the text, in parentheses, the number of the source in the list of references is indicated;
- a list of sources used (no more than 10 sources) — printed after the main text in font 10.
- Deadline for abstracts submission: October 31, 2021;
- Deadline for registration of participants: October 31, 2021;
- Date of the conference: November 11, 2021 (Moscow, Russia).
- Registration: 9.30
- Plenary meeting: 11.00