The Common Use Center "Physical and Chemical Research of New Materials, Substances and Catalytic Systems" (CUC PCR) is engaged in the integration of intellectual, logistical, technological, organizational and other types of resources:
- conducting and developing research on the elemental and molecular composition, structure and properties of new substances, materials and catalytic systems;
- performance of research work at chemistry departments of the Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Natural Sciences of RUDN University and in subdivisions;
- scientific research aimed at developing methods of the analysis of substances and materials for using in the control of the quality of goods, products, for developing the market of high-tech products and rendering services in the areas of core activities.
- Determination of the inhibitory activity of organic compounds in regard to acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of organic compounds by HPLC-MS.
- Analysis of volatile substances, as well as semi-volatile or other volatilizing substances by gas chromatographic analysis.
- Determination of the qualitative and quantitative composition of volatilizing substances by gas chromatographic analysis.
- Elemental (CHNS) analysis.
Methods for determining the authenticity of Smectite substance and admixtures of a sample of Smectite substance have been improved by using X-ray diffraction analysis. The polymorphism of a number of submitted substances (samples) and an impact of the technology of obtaining under the agreement concluded with Obolenskoe Pharmaceutical Enterprise, CJSC.
Development and scientific substantiation of synthetic approaches for obtaining derivatives with a bound charge to increase the efficiency of ionization in organic compounds
Obtaining new scientific results of structural-analytical research for establishing the structure of organic and inorganic compounds under grants by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, grants from the President, etc.