Functional dynamics and representation of languages and cultures of internal and external migration in an urbanized environment
- Observation and description of migrants’ speech practices and strategies in everyday communication, including observations of code switching situations, i.e. language changes.
- Analysis of the distribution of languages of migration and the host community depending on the functions performed, for example, the use of the language in the family, at work, or in other language situations.
- Compilation, description and analysis of a person's language biography, representation of languages in the current migration situation.
- Analysis of the social image of migrant and host languages.
- Analysis of MINE and OTHERS’ representations in the field of language in representatives of migration.
- Description of the language situation and speech practices of migrant communities in a megalopolis, taking into account such criteria as:
- o the purpose of migration (permanent, temporary, labour),
- o type of structure of the migrant community (from the classical diaspora to diffuse groups),
- o social (status, communicative, cultural and economic potential of the language) characteristics,
- o proper linguistic (the degree of typological affinity with the language of the host society) characteristics of the language.
- Analysis of the types of contact languages and languages of migration for the host society in terms of high fluidity and uncertainty of the urban environment.
Candidate of Philology, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages of the Philological Faculty and Department of General and Russian Linguistics
Preparing of a number of scientific articles on the subject of research for publication in foreign journals.
Description and analysis of the regularities of the existence of migrant languages in an urbanized environment.
Development of a preliminary sociolinguistic typology of migration languages necessary for further study of the social nature of migration languages and their social functions.
Identification of mechanisms for achieving a communicative understanding between the host society and migrants.
- Using the obtained results to reduce social and cultural tensions in an urbanized environment.
- Optimization of cultural and everyday communication with representatives of migrant communities.
- Creating a psychologically comfortable language environment for all participants in communication.