Scientific progress and competitive production are based on fundamental knowledge, professionalism and practice., It is impossible to develop sustainable food market and to increase public confidence in the products without this basis.
Graduated from Humboldt University of Berlin (Berlin, Germany) Faculty of Agricultural and Food Production, specialty “Production of beverages and fermentation products”.
Postgraduate study at the Department of Biochemistry and Grain Science of Moscow Technological Institute of Food Industry (MTIFI, at present Moscow State University of Food Production).
Senior researcher of the Laboratory of Fundamental and Applied Research of Quality and Technology of Food Products, MTIFI.
Scientific internship at Institute of Food Technology of University of Hohenheim (Stuttgart, Germany). The purpose - to improve scientific skills in the field of analytical research, quality assessment and safety of food raw materials and food products (target group - alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages).
Corresponding member of the Scientific Society of Food Industry Technologists of Germany (Gesellschaft der Deutschen Lebensmitteltechnologen).
Expert of the International project of the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
Head of the Russian delegation at the final session of the International working group on the development of the international standard of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for fruit juices and nectars (CODEX STAN 247-2005) in Brazil.
Internship at Thermo Fisher Scientific company (Bremen, Germany) in the field of applied mass spectrometry of stable isotopes of light elements in the research of biotic and abiotic objects of the environment.
Member of the international jury of the International FoodTec Award (Cologne, Germany).
Expert from the Russian Federation at the APEC international forum on regulation of production and trade of wine products in the Asia-Pacific region (APEC Wine Regulatory Forum).
Member of the National Committee of the Russian Federation on Cooperation with the International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV, Paris, France) under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation.
Head of the laboratory of fundamental and applied research of quality and technology of food products of the Shared Research and Educational Center, RUDN University.
Expert of the Subcommittee on methods of analysis of the International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV, Paris, France).
Authorized representative of the RUDN University in the Technical Committee for standardization “Viticulture and winemaking” (TC № 162) of the Federal Agency of the Russian Federation for Technical Regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart).
- Kolesnov A. Yu. developed a system for assessing the quality and identification of pectin extracted from higher plants for use in functional food technology (e.g., food products enriched with vitamins, trace elements). The system allows to provide a reliable selection of necessary pectin for industrial production and production \ post-production control of beverages with therapeutic and prophylactic properties (for example, beverages for preventive or therapeutic use in heavy metal intoxication, radionuclides, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract);
- Kolesnov A. Yu. developed ways of obtaining pectin and pectin containing ingredients and technology of new food products and functional beverages enriched with vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. This is one of the main groups of food products for healthy nutrition, which complies with the requirements of the state policy of Russia in the field of healthy nutrition;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. identified out and systematized the main quality properties of wine products on the example of sparkling wines and wines oversaturated with carbon dioxide, as well as products of fruit and vegetable processing on the example of juices, nectars and juice drinks, pectin and functional drinks;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. developed a universal screening analysis system for the simultaneous study of the activities of a wide range of enzymes of plant raw materials and industrial enzyme preparations that are used in the processing of fruits and vegetables. The system provides effective operational management of the technological process by collecting and using data on enzyme activities in the processed raw materials and products;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. received a scientific solution to the problem of improving and ensuring the quality of fruit and vegetable products on the example of juices, nectars, juice drinks, including functional. The solution is based on the scientific concept, which provides for the introduction of quality assessment and product identification systems in the practice of production and post-production control;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. gave scientific justification and developed a methodology for the use of biochemical systems in assessing the quality and identification of food products of plant origin. It is based on a highly specific method of enzymatic analysis of substrates and the study of enzyme activity of plant raw materials and auxiliary products;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. illustrated the universality of the use of enzymatic analysis of substrates in the study of the component composition and secondary metabolites of plants. Scientifically substantiated solutions to control the reliability of research, which prevents the appearance and use of erroneous results that lead to incorrect assessment of product quality and/or inadequate solutions in the management of production technologies;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. was the first who developed the most rational methods of quality management of food additives (pectin) and functional food products (beverages), which are a reliable evaluation and identification of pectin on the basic physical and chemical (D-galacturonic acid content, the degree of esterification, the content of methoxy groups, ash, the content of alcohol insoluble substances, the degree of amidation, the content of acetyl groups, molecular weight), therapeutic and preventive (linkage of heavy metals and radionuclides, the effect on the function of the gastrointestinal tract, influence on the level of high and low density lipoproteins) and technological parameters (gelling force, internal strength of the standard gel, sensitivity to polyvalent metal ions). The system also includes a subsequent classification for the selection of technological methods of processing of food additives and the creation of functional beverage formulations with optimal quality properties;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. was the first who studied the influence of natural (climatic) factors on the composition of stable isotopes of light elements (carbon and oxygen) in plant components on the example of grapes (Vitis vinifera L.) and wine products on the example of the main viticultural regions of Russia: Crimea, Krasnodar region, Rostov region, Stavropol region and the Republic of Dagestan;
- Kolesnov A. Yu. for the first time studied proteinase neutral serine type (molecular weight 92500 D, pI of 5.08) and alkaline proteinase thiol type (molecular weight 50000, 4,44 pI) in plants, on the example of barley (Hordeum vulgare);
- Kolesnov A. Yu. obtained experimental data on the natural distribution of 13C/12C carbon isotopes and 18O/16O oxygen in grapes and their processing products (e.g., in wine) and their links with the agro-climatic conditions of the region of growth of grapes. He demonstrated that for plants C3-pathways of photosynthesis - for example, grapes - in terms of relative water scarcity, high solar activity and temperature regime, the composition of molecules of components (including - carbohydrates (sugars), organic acids and intracellular water), during the thermodynamic processes of biological fractionation is characterized by a higher content of “heavy” isotopes of carbon (13C) and oxygen (18O). At the same time, quantitative levels of enrichment with carbon isotope 13C of such intact components of grapes as carbohydrates (e.g., D-glucose, D-fructose) and organic acids (e.g., malic, citric and tartaric acid) are equivalent to each other, while the composition of the carbon isotopes of ethanol wine made from grapes, characterized by a reduced content of “heavy” carbon isotope 13C in comparison with the original isotope composition of sugars from which this ethanol was obtained during fermentation.
- Biotechnology, technology of food products of plant origin, including alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, wine products;
- Functional food products;
- Quality management system and food safety;
- Expert assessment of food quality and safety;
- Biochemistry of plants;
- Methods of biochemical and mass spectrometric study of environmental objects, including stable isotopes of light elements;
- National and international standardization and technical regulation.