Graduated from Maurice Thorez Moscow State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages (now MSLU), Faculty of Translation, specialty - “Foreign Language”.
Worked as a translator for the Ministry of Higher Education of the USSR in the Republic of Cuba.
Assistant of the Department of Foreign Languages of the Preparatory Faculty of Peoples’ Friendship University named after P. Lumumba (now RUDN University).
Candidate thesis on “Communicative and pragmatic analysis of non-equivalent and background vocabulary of the Spanish language (based on newspaper and journalistic texts)” in specialty “Comparative historical, typological, comparative linguistics, translation theory” was defended. The degree of Candidate of Philological Sciences was awarded.
Associate professor of the Department of Foreign Languages N.3 of the Preparatory Faculty RUDN.
Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages N.1 of the Institute of Foreign Languages RUDN.
Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages of Agrarian and Technological Institute RUDN University.
Member of the International Society of Applied psycholinguistics, ISAPL.
Gives courses to post-graduate students of the Agrarian and Technological Institute and the Institute of Medicine of RUDN University:
- “Academic writing. Writing Skills”,
- “English for Presentations at International Conferences”,
- “English for Academic Research. Grammar and Style”.
Textbooks and study guides:
- I. A. Bykova “Textbook of the Spanish language for directions and specialties of agricultural profile”: Textbook. - M.: Languages of the world, THESAURUS, 2018. - 176 p.
The textbook consists of 10 thematic lessons, a terminological dictionary and a lexical minimum compiled for each lesson; tests, a short dictionary of translation terms, a conceptual scheme-model annotation, an abstract, a scientific review and summary in Spanish; appendices that present samples of original scientific literature on the specialty; a bibliography.
The textbook presents authentic texts of agricultural profile in Spanish and Russian, a set of exercises and creative tasks aimed at developing the skills of interpretation and translation, abstracting and annotation, the formation of creative thinking taking into account the specifics of its expression in both oral and written mediated scientific communication.
- I. A. Bykova, E. A. Notina, V. E. Ulumdjieva “Translation of scientific literature in the specialty” - Moscow, 2018. - 88 p.
The purpose of the study guide is to briefly describe the main provisions and concepts of the translation theory, the features of modeling the translation process within scientific communication; to give an idea on the basis of the knowledge gained about the complex system of skills necessary for a translator in the field of professional mediated communication.
- E. A. Notina, I. A. Bykova, V. E. Ulumdjieva “Training in writing scientific articles”: Educational and methodological guide. - Moscow: RUDN Publishing house, 2018. - 47 p.
This study guide is devoted to the theory and practice of translation in professional communications and is a logical continuation of a series of study guide that provides the educational process in accordance with the requirements of the Program in foreign languages (English, Spanish) of the Agrarian and Technological Institute and the Institute Medicine of RUDN University. The study guide is intended for senior students (Russian and foreign), postgraduate students, professors of foreign languages and can be used in the course of teaching translation to students of higher educational institutions under the program “Translator in the field of professional communication” (natural science specialties).
- E. A. Notina, I. A. Bykova, V. E. Ulumdjieva “Rendering of scientific literature in the specialty. English». - Moscow: RUDN Publishing house, 2018. - 80 p.
The study guide covers a wide range of issues that reveal the principles of rendering of scientific literature in terms of indirect scientific communication. The study guide is intended for postgraduate students studying the basics of rendering, annotating, and other types of language mediation, it can be used in the course of training in annotating and rendering in the “Translator” program in four-and two-year formats at the Agrarian and Technological Institute and the Institute of Medicine.
- E. A. Notina, I. A. Bykova, V. E. Ulumdjieva, T. P. Meer, N. N. Grigoryan, E. A. Egorycheva “English in the Agroindustrial Sphere: A Textbook for the Fields of Study and Specialities of the Agrarian and Technological Institute in two parts”. - M.: RUDN, 2017. - 192 p. ISBN: 978-5-209-06827-3
The textbook consists of 4 thematic sections and 26 lessons. The purpose of the textbook is to develop and improve practical skills of English oral and written communication based on the study of text material that reflects a special agro-industrial theme. Compiled in accordance with the requirements of the curriculum “Foreign language” in the direction of Agrarian and Technological Institute (“Landscape architecture”, “Economy of the Agro-industrial Complex”, "Standardization and Metrology"). The textbook contains a methodological module.
- T. F. Kosyreva, E. A. Notina, I. A. Bykova, A. S. Biryukov, O. M. Davidyan, N. S. Tuturov, V. E. Ulumdjieva, E. O. Startseva “Craniofacial growth”: Study guide. Moscow: RUDN, 2017. - 86 p. ISBN: 978-5-209-08064-0
The study guide covers the main sections of orthodontics: issues of growth, development and formation of the dentition complex, skull and facial bones, as well as the formation of occlusion of the dentition. This study guide is published for the first time in English and Russian. The original texts are taken from sources of specialized scientific publications. It is intended for the system of pre-and post-graduate dental education, dentists, orthodontists and students, residents and post-graduate students of medical faculties.
- Gave the definition of the equivalent in the development of the conceptual provisions and fundamental postulates of the theoretical model of translation proposed by G. V. Chernov within the theory of implicativity.
- Proposed the definition of features of non-equivalence and non-equivalent vocabulary in translation, which complement and clarify its essential characteristics and form a dynamic understanding of nonequivalence in mediated discourse.
- Proposed an extra-linguistic thematic classification of open-type non-equivalent and background lexical units.
- Comparative linguistics.
- Theoretical and practical aspects of translation.
- Cross-language and cross-cultural communication.
- National and cultural specifics of media discourse in English, Spanish and Russian.