Graduated from the Medical Faculty of Patrice Lumumba University, majoring in General Medicine.
Cinical residency, part-time postgraduate studies at the Research Institute of Rheumatology of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences (now the Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "V.A. Nasonov Research Institute of Rheumatology").
Defended his thesis for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences in the field of Traumatology and Orthopaedics on the topic of "Complex restorative treatment of elbow joint lesions in patients with rheumatoid arthritis".
Head of the Orthopaedic Unit in Moscow City Clinical Hospital No. 13.
Was elected Russian Federation delegate to the International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie).
Head of the Traumatology and Orthopaedics Department of the Medical Faculty (now the Medical Institute) of RUDN University.
Defended his thesis for the Habilitation degree in Medicine (Doctor of Medical Sciences) on the topic of ”Endoprosthetics after Hip Joint Injuries and Diseases”.
Head of the Joint Endoprosthetics Centre (Endoprosthetics Unit No. 2) at N.N. Priorov Central Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics (now Priorov National Medical Research Centre for Traumatology and Orthopaedics).
Was awarded the title of "Honoured Scientist and Engineer of the Russian Federation". In the same year he received the award of the Government of the Russian Federation for creation and wide-spread introduction in medical practices of high-efficiency implantable titanium systems.
Became the member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, AAOS.
The winner of the best Russian doctor national award "The Calling," an award established by the 1st TV Channel, the Ministry of Health of Russia and the Foundation "The Calling". The nomination "For the contribution to the development of medicine, made by representatives of fundamental science and non-medical professions". Awarded for the development, production and introduction of a new generation of endoprostheses and implants for the treatment of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system in a group of scientists, engineers and technologists under the guidance of engineer A. A. Ilyin.
Elected President of the Moscow Association of Traumatologists and Orthopaedists.
Was elected Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Was awarded the Gold Medal "For Invention" of the World Intellectual Property Organization for inventions having positive impact on the development of traumatology and orthopaedics.
Director of N.N. Priorov National Medical Research Centre for Traumatology and Orthopaedics of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
Dr. Zagorogniy reads lectures at RUDN University for students, residents, postgraduates and physicians on the following topics:
- Reparative bone tissues conditions
- Emergency care for traumatological patients
- Polytrauma, modern treatment approaches
- Surgical treatment of deforming osteoarthritis
- Complications after large joint endoprosthetics
- Thromboprophylaxis in Traumatology and Orthopaedics
- Infectious complications in traumatological and orthopaedic patients
Authored the following study guides:
- Zagorogniy N.V., Korolev A.V., Zakirova A.R., Skipenko T.O.
Arthroscopic Treatment of Knee Joint Cartilage Defects, study guide, Moscow: RUDN University, 2017, 67 p.
This study guide highlights prospects of restoring cartilage defects in the knee joint by various methods: micro-fracturing, mosaic arthroplasty, tunnelling. The morphological picture following such procedures is presented.
- Zagorogniy N.V., Khidzhazin V.H., Abdulkhabirov M.A., Solod E.I., Futryk A.B. Patella Fractures and Treatment, study guide, Moscow: RUDN University, 2017, 44 p.
The study guide is based on the review of modern publications and the findings of the authors’ studies to classify and treat 129 patients with patella fractures. Particular attention was focused on the treatment of complex, multi-fragment patella fractures. The authors developed a technique of ‘ contralateral osteosynthesis’ and patented it. The book is recommended for medical students, interns, clinical residents and medical practitioners.
ISBN: 978-5-209-08098-5 UDK: 617.583.1-089(072.8)
- Zagorogniy N.V., Panin M.A., Abakirov M.D., Lazko F.L., Prizov A.P.
Fractures of Lower Limb Bones, Moscow: RUDN University, 2017, 126 p.
The study guide provides brief review of anatomy issues, presents various fractures of the lower limbs, their international and traditional classifications; considers the mechanisms of attaining various lower limb fractures, their clinical manifestations and diagnostics, aetiology and pathogenesis; considers in detail modern approaches, both conservative and surgical, to the magagement of lower limb fractures.
- Zagorogniy N.V., Volna А.А., Panin М.А.
Removal of Metal Structures in Traumatology, study guide; Moscow: RUDN University, 2009, 22 p.
The study guide reviews approaches to secondary stage surgical treatment in patients with musculoskeletal injuries. The technique of removing metal structures and postoperative management is described.
ISBN: 978-5-209-03185-7 UDK: 617-001(075.8)
- Zagorogniy N.V. Lomtatidze E.Sh., Sergeev S.V., Karpovich N.I.
Large Joint Endoprosthetics in Humans, Moscow: RUDN University, 2008, 65 p.
The study guide describes methods of hip arthroplasty with the use of modern systems. The patients’ examination and preparation, surgery technique and postoperative management are presented. Particular attention is paid to complications, their treatment and prevention.
- Dr. Zagorogniy has developed hip and knee arthroplasty systems for primary and revision arthroplasty as well as the tool sets for their installation;
- designed domestic endo-correctors for scoliosis treatment in children and adults;
- developed technology of minimally invasive anterior extraperitoneal access to the lumbar spine area for of spondylolisthesis treatment;
- created a classification of flat-valgus foot deformation and developed its treatment algorithm;
- developed the methods of cryoanalgesia for osteoarthritis of large joints, methods of cryosynovortex, cryoarthroplasty and has created cryo-equipment to perform those procedures;
- created the first domestic synovial fluid endoprosthesis for treatment of degenerative joint lesions;
- introduced cellular technologies to treat osteoarthritis;
- introduced mini-invasive technologies in modern osteosynthesis.
- conservative treatment of orthopaedic diseases in adults;
- foot surgery;
- spine surgery;
- complications in traumatology and orthopaedics;
- modern osteosynthesis;
- cellular technologies in traumatology and orthopaedics.