“Economic and mathematical modeling is an independent scientific and applied direction that serves as a link in the triad “economic theory - economic policy - economic practice” George Kleiner
Graduated from the Peoples’ Friendship University named after Pa-trice Lumumba (now - RUDN University), Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, specialty “Physics”.
Candidate thesis on “Intermediate quantum statistics of birth-destruction oper-ators in quantum field theory” was defended. The degree of Candidate of Phys-ics and Mathematics was awarded.
Associate professor of the Department of Economic and Mathematical Model-ing of the Faculty of Economics RUDN University.
Retraining in the direction “Economics” at the School of advanced training of academic staff in Economics at the National Research University Higher School of Economics (NRU HSE).
Advanced training at the London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE in the direction “Economics” under the program “Econometrics”.
Permanent participant of the advanced training program “Spring Course on Econometrics” at the University of Coimbra, Portugal.
Executive Director of the International Centre for Emerging Market Studies at the Faculty of Economics RUDN University (ICEMS).
Visiting editor of the International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies (London, Scopus).
Diploma of Lomonosov Moscow State University on professional retraining in the field of “Economics and enterprise management”. Qualification work on the topic “Business planning of the company’s investment project”.
Head of the Department of Economic and Mathematical Modeling of the Facul-ty of Economics, RUDN University.
Gives lectures to RUDN students of bachelor’s and master’s programs and students of further vocational education programs:
- “Econometrics (advanced level)”,
- “Macroeconomic modeling”,
- “Modeling of socio-economic processes in the urban environment”,
- “Econometrics of financial markets”,
- “Project financing”,
- “Applied aspects of investment analysis”.
The author of the study guides:
- “Econometrics in tasks and solutions” Study guide Balashova S. A., Lazanyuk I. V. Moscow: RUDN, 2017. - 188 p.
The study guide analyzes in detail examples of econometric research based on actual empirical material that illustrate the application of certain econometric methods to solving economic problems. The theoretical assumptions of the models under consideration, which follow from the economic theory, and the justification of the applied econometric methods are given. For more detailed explanations, readers are referred to well-established coursebooks on econometrics and economic theory. The use of specialized Eviews 7 software for conducting econometric analysis is illustrated in great detail, the most difficult stages of the solution are provided with step-by-step instructions.
- “Fundamentals of econometric modeling by using Eviews” Study guide Matyushok V. M., Balashova S. A., Lazanyuk I. V. M: RUDN, 2015. - 223 p.
The study guide describes the principles of constructing econometric models in an accessible form. Pair and multiple regression analysis, nonlinear regression, models and using dummy variables, modeling of time series, as well as some problems in the construction of models, in particular, heteroscedasticity, multicollinearity and autocorrelation are studied. The algorithm for evaluating various econometric models is described in detail using the Eviews program
- “Introduction to financial mathematics” Study guide Kasimov Yu. F., Balashova S. A. Moscow: RUDN, 2007. - 282 p.
This study guide is dedicated to the study of deterministic models of financial mathematics and therefore can be considered as an introduction to the discipline. The main attention is paid to the basic concepts, construction and correct interpretation of financial models, and their use in practice. Each topic is provided with examples of problem solving, as well as tasks for individual work.
- Built an econometric model that allows somebody to determine scenarios for the development of the Russian economy based on the concept of endogenous development.
- Developed a methodology for assessing energy efficiency at the regional level, taking into account the introduction of smart grid elements.
- Defined the contribution of renewable energy sources (RES) to improving energy efficiency in the European Union.
- Developed a system of econometric equations to assess the impact of “pull” and “push” on the capital movement in the form of direct and portfolio investments in developing markets.
- Studied the linkage between innovative development and economic growth in the transition to the sixth technological order.
- Developed a set of econometric models to assess the impact of public policy instruments in the field of innovative development on the innovative activity of the business sector and total factor productivity.
- Defined the impact of the quality of political institutions on cross-border capital movement in emerging markets.
- Econometric modeling of socio-economic processes;
- Endogenous models of economic growth;
- Innovative development and economic growth in developed and emerging markets;
- State mechanisms for stimulating innovative development in the EU and Russia;
- Green economy and sustainable development;
- Emerging market countries;
- Econometric tools.