Knowledge of molecular and biochemical characteristics of the microorganism is the key to effective diagnostics and prevention of the disease, and therefore - to personalized medicine.
Graduated with honors from Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Biological Faculty the Department of Biochemistry.
Postgraduate studies in the Center for molecular diagnostics and treatment of the Ministry of health.
Candidate thesis on “Isolation and purification of thermostable Tth DNA polymerase, study of properties and its use in methods of detection of RNA molecules” was defended, speciality “Biochemistry”.
Senior researcher of the laboratory of molecular diagnostics in D. I. Ivanovsky Institute of Virology.
Doctoral thesis on “Molecular-genetic analysis and functionally significant genetic mutations of the virus of the reproductive and respiratory syndrome of swine” was defended, speciality “Virology”.
Head of laboratory of molecular diagnostics in D. I. Ivanovsky Institute of Virology, and then - in N. F. Gamaleya Federal Research Center for Epidemiology & Microbiology of the Ministry of health of Russia.
Professor of the Department of Pharmaceutical and Toxicological Chemistry, the Institute of Medicine RUDN University.
The academic title of Associate Professor on specialty “Molecular biology” for the cycle of papers “Evolution of highly virulent H5N1 influenza virus in ecosystems of Northern Eurasia (2005-2009.)” was awarded, by D. I. Ivanovsky diploma of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences for the best scientific work was awarded.
The academic title of Professor of the Department of “Pharmaceutical and Toxicological Chemistry” was awarded.
Coordinator of the International European Scientific and Educational cluster “Baltic Networks against viral infections” of the project New Visby Network 2014-2016 “Towards healthy liver - the crossroads of viral hepatitis, alcohol use and life style patterns” Workpackage (WP2) “Epidemiology: detection and identification of liver pathogens” together with the Swedish Karolinska Institute.
Executive secretary of the editorial Board of the journal “Problems of Virology”.
The academic title “Professor of Russian Academy of Sciences”, Department of Agricultural Sciences was awarded.
Member of the working group of RAS professors on monitoring the effectiveness of RAS professors and the Council on science and technology under the state Duma Committee on science and high technologies.
The title of corresponding member of the RAS, Department of Medical Sciences (section of Biomedical Sciences) was awarded.
- The supervisor and project manager in 8 projects of the ISTC and INTAS project. The coordinator of the International European Scientific and Educational cluster “Baltic Networks against viral infections”. Research projects were carried out jointly with groups of such organizations as: ARS, USDA: National Animal Disease Center (Ames, Iowa, USA), Plum Island Animal Disease Center (New York, NY, USA), Poultry Disease and Oncology Laboratory (East Lansing, Michigan, USA), South East Poultry Research Laboratory (Athens, Georgia, USA) and Central Veterinary Laboratory (UK), the New Visby Network 2014-2016 “Towards a healthy liver the crossroads of viral hepatitis, alcohol use and life style patterns” Workpackage (WP2) “Epidemiology: detection and identification of liver pathogens”. Maintains working contacts with such medical centers as the Center of Biotechnology of the University of Madrid, Karolinska Institute (Stockholm, Sweden), Medical University (Graz, Austria).
- Participated in more than 30 international congresses, including conferences of the World Health Organization (WHO), the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), and FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations).
Conducts laboratory and practical classes and lectures to graduates of the Institute of Medicine RUDN University on “Methods of molecular diagnostics in Pharmaceutical Chemistry”.
The author of the following course-books and study guides:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Abramov A. U., Berlyand A. S., Garmonov S. Yu., Grebennikova T. V., Kalenikova E. I., Maksimova T. V., Morozova M. A., Pletneva T. V., Syroeshkin A.V., Uspenskaya, E. V., Shkrebneva I. I. M: Geotar Media. - 2017. - 816 p. Stamp Grif of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. ISBN 978-5-9704-4014-8
Abstract: The course-book outlines the basics of Pharmaceutical Chemistry in accordance with the program of discipline and the State standard for the speciality “Pharmacy”. The publication is intended for students of higher educational institutions studying in pharmaceutical, chemical-technological and other specialties, providing for the study of the course of Pharmaceutical Chemistry. The course-book can be recommended to postgraduate students of pharmaceutical specialties, as well as researchers and professors of the relevant departments.
- Biopharmaceutical Analysis, Pletneva T. V., Slatsky I. A., Grebennikova T. V., Akanina D. S., Garmonov S. Yu., Kalenikova E. I., Antipova N. V., Maksimova T. V., Uspenskaya, E. V. M., Publishing house MSU - 2017. - 123 p, ISBN: 978-5-00095-308-2
Abstract: The study guide “Biopharmaceutical analysis” is intended for students and masters of specialties “Pharmacy" and "Chemistry". The material is presented in two modules: “Biological methods of quality control of medicines” "and “Methods of evaluation of equivalence of medicines”. The study guide includes questions and tasks for seminars, examples of tests of control works.
- More than 40 test-systems based on polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) were developed, most were put into practice.
- The intact DNA of terrestrial bacteria in cosmic dust of near-earth space was discovered together with professor Syroeshkin A.V.
- The primary structure of the genomes of representatives of virus families Arteriviridae, Ortomyxoviridae, Rhabdoviridae. Flaviviridae was investigated and molecular genetic features of genomes and phylogenetic relationships for viruses circulating in the territory of the Russian Federation were defined.
- Functional infectious genomes of RNA-containing viruses with the aim to identify genetic determinants of virulence for the development of diagnostic tools and prevention were created.
- The test system based on PCR and sequencing to determine the marker mutations of sustainability of epidemic virus strains to antiviral drugs was developed. The pharmacopoeia article project was developed to determine the resistance of influenza A viruses to antiviral drugs.
- Pharmacopoeia article projects for the diagnosis and typing of influenza A virus and М. Tuberculosis were developed.
- Approaches to identify viral contamination in diagnostic and scientific laboratories and in clinics by methods of molecular diagnostics were developed.
- Molecular Epidemiology,
- Molecular Virology,
- Molecular Diagnostics,
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry,
- Space Biology.
Information about the defended postgraduate students
Year of protection: 2016
Research topic: Viruses on the surfaces and aerosoles
Annotation to the dissertation: The present study is dedicated to the research of possibility for viral nucleic acids detection (such as for viruses hepatitis A,C & E, adenoviruses, retroviruses, viruses from group A)on the surfaces and/or aerosoles for the determination of viral contamination at indoor spaces of different functionalities and to detection of new mechanisms for viral transmission in biocenosis.
Year of protection: 2014
Research topic: Development of diagnostic tools for highly virulent virus strain influenza type A, subtype H5N1
Annotation to the dissertation: The research is dedicated to the development and improvement of laboratory detection methods for Influenza virus type A, subtype H5N1, and the antibodies of the last.
Year of protection: 2008
Research topic: Influenza type A virus strain sensitivity control to the antiviral pharmaceutical substances
Annotation to the dissertation: The research is dedicated to the development and standardization of diagnostic tests to antiviral drugs sensitivity control for virus strains Influenza type A, subtype H1 and H3, which have been eliminated from territory of Russian Federation (1995-2008 yy).
Year of protection: 2006
Research topic: Real time test-system development on the basis of polymerase chain reaction for diagnostics of Tuberculosis
Annotation to the dissertation: The research is dedicated to the development and standardization of test-system for diagnostics of Tuberculosis on the basis of new modification of PCR-real time PCR method.