Graduated Faculty of Economics and Law of Peoples ' Friendship University named after Patrice Lumumba (now -Peoples ' Friendship University of Russia, RUDN) specialized in “International Law”.
Defended the candidate thesis on “Dialectics of the General and Special in Formation of Arab-Muslim Society” in specialty “Ontology and theory of knowledge”.
Deputy director of Interuniversity center for humanities education in philosophical comparative studies at RUDN.
Executive secretary of eight international philosophical symposia “Dialogue of civilizations: East-West” (Moscow, RUDN).
Defended the doctoral thesis on “Muslim Society in European Philosophy of History” in specialty “History of Philosophy”.
Deputy Dean for research work of the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of RUDN.
Awarded the title of Professor at the Department of Social Philosophy.
Member of Council for Research in Values and Philosophy, Washington D.C.; member of the Russian philosophical society.
Performed the duties of the scientific secretary of Dissertation Council on Philosophical Sciences at RUDN.
Member of European society for Central Asian Studies, the Netherlands.
Expert of Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation (RHNF). Member of Board of National Board of Political Scientists -Teachers of Russia.
Chairman of Dissertation Council on Political Science at RUDN.
Chief Editor of the journal “Vestnik RUDN. Series: “Political science”.
Awarded the title of Honorary worker of higher professional education of the Russian Federation.
Head of the Department of comparative political science at the faculty of Humanities and social Sciences of RUDN.
Was the member of Nordic-Baltic-Russian PhD network of democratic governance, Tallinn Pedagogical University, Department of Government.
Chairman of Scientific and Technical Council of RUDN.
Member of Russian Academy of Social Sciences.
Professor of the Department of Social Philosophy of the faculty of philosophy of Russian State University for the Humanities.
Independent expert of Congress of Local and Regional Authorities Strasbourg, France.
Director of the main vocational educational program of higher education of RUDN-the program for training scientific and pedagogical staff in postgraduate studies in the direction of “Political science and regional studies”.
Awarded the title of Honored worker of higher education of the Russian Federation.
Member of the editorial board of the scientific journal “Vestnik of Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University”, Series: Sociological and Political Sciences", Kazakhstan.
Member of the Federal educational and methodological association on the enlarged group of training areas “Political science and regional studies” (Political Science, International Relations, Oriental and African Studies, Foreign Regional Studies, Regional Studies of Russia).
Member of the editorial board of the scientific journal “ Islam in modern world” (included in the list of HAC).
Member of the editorial board of the scientific journal “Debating Europe”, Portugal.
Pochta Yu.M. teaches the following courses for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students of RUDN:
- “Islam and Politics”
- “Political culture: Russia-West-East”;
- “Current problems of comparative political science”;
- “Comparative political science”;
- “Modern Islam and politics”;
- “Strategic stability and strategic balance in context of new system formation of international relations”;
- “Politics in Countries of East”;
- “Political regional studies”;
- “Organization of research work in Russian Federation”.
- For the first time in Russian science, Pochta Yu. M. conducted a comprehensive study of the conceptual mechanisms of including Muslim society in the picture of world history created in European and Russian philosophy of history of XVIII -XX centuries and showed their ideological orientation.
- Developed a new approach to the analysis of the ratio of cognitive and value components in the philosophical and historical explanations of the history of Muslim society based on the recognition of the objective and dynamic nature of Eurocentrism.
- Gave an explanation of the dichotomy of linear and cyclical interpretations of the direction of human history in the philosophical and historical constructions of European thinkers who dealt with the problem of Muslim society.
- Showed the importance of Islamic subject matter in the spiritual quest of a number of prominent European and domestic thinkers.
- Conducted a detailed analysis of the UN's activities and proposed measures for its reform in terms of the most effective functioning in the emerging system of international relations.
- Analyzed the current trends in the functioning of civil society structures in the world and in Russia, as well as the influence of political culture on the activities of civil society in the transition from modern to postmodern. Pochta Yu.M. showed that it is necessary to revise the West-center perception of non-Western societies by deconstructing it and searching for alternative positive histories that recognize the identity of both Western and other civilizations. In this way, one can solve the problem of universality of the Western concept of civil society and recognize that all human societies strive to create their own version of civil society.
- methodology of comparative political research
- philosophy of politics
- philosophy of law
- Islamic studies
Information about the defended postgraduate students
Year of protection: 2015
Research topic: Crisis of the formation of a supra-ethnic community in the post-Soviet political space
Annotation to the dissertation: The thesis shows that the basis of the Soviet political space and the supra-ethnic community is the use of practices of nation-state and Empire building. The result of this confusion was the hybridization of both political space and the supra-ethnic community. The collapse of the Soviet Union revealed three divergent trends in relation to ethnicity: "escape to ethnicity" of individuals and elites (the"ethnization" of the policy); the creation of institutions of the nation-state; the use of the Imperial practices of interaction between elites and ethnic groups. The hybridity of the post-Soviet political space testifies to the continuity of the post-Soviet period in relation to the Soviet period, and is a response to the disintegration processes caused by the collapse of the USSR, an attempt to "freeze" further disintegration.
Year of protection: 2016
Research topic: Determinants of social and political transformations in Egypt in 2011-2013: political analysis
Annotation to the dissertation: The thesis is devoted to the study of political causes and analysis of the factors of revolutionary events in Egypt in 2011-2013. The author of the study examines the reasons for the popularity of the" Muslim Brotherhood " and in general the ideas of political Islam in Egypt. The analysis made it possible to determine the degree of influence of the "Arab spring" on political and economic stability in Egypt and to note the importance of further study of the stated problems.
Duong Thi Ha
Year of protection: 2018
Research topic: Parliamentary system of government in Vietnam and Thailand: conditions and factors for achieving political stabilit
Annotation to the dissertation: The dissertation examines the mutual functioning of the institutions of the parliamentary system to achieve political stability in modern Vietnam and Thailand. The author notes that the establishment of the democratic parliamentary system in Vietnam and Thailand is the inevitable result of the political history of the two countries. Parliamentarism is the best choice for the authorities of these two countries, called to rally the nation and unite the various political parties. Formation of a national representative body is of great importance in stabilizing society and consensus among civil society organizations, social sectors and government, and is an important factor that allows both countries to build appropriate diplomatic strategy and to ensure internal stability. In modern conditions, the implementation of democratic transformation and strengthening the effectiveness of parliamentary activities contribute to improving the political situation in Vietnam and Thailand.