RUDN Rector Vladimir Filippov again elected member of UNESCO «Education 2030» Program Steering Committee
The program is targeted at ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all. The Steering Committee comprises 35 members, 27 countries of Central and Eastern Europe represented by 3 experts, among them RUDN Rector Vladimir Filippov.
Among key targets of the program:
- Ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes;
- Ensure that all youth and a substantial proportion of adults, both men and women, achieve literacy and numeracy;
- Ensure that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education so that they are ready for primary education;
- Ensure compulsory 9-year education in secondary schools in all countries;
- Ensure equal access to lifelong learning facilities for adults.
Anastasia Voevodina, a third-year student at the RUDN University Institute of Ecology, treats environmental issues with great responsibility. The girl successfully combines her studies with volunteer activities.
During the “Mosprom studweek”, the results of an industrial hackathon on solving applied technical problems of Mosprom were summed up. 23 teams, 115 participants from 7 universities of Moscow competed in solving technical cases. RUDN University was represented by four teams of the Engineering Academy. The winner was “Champion’s Breakfast”, the team of 3rd year students of the Department of Mechanics and Control Processes. 5 students -winners were invited to an internship at the State Space Research and Production Center named after M.V. Khrunichev.
The regular season of the student IX M. G. Rosenberg International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, which was held at the Russian Foreign Trade Academy and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, has ended. More than 30 teams from Russia and neighboring countries took part in the competition.