On March 21-23, 2015 the RUDN Faculty of Science held the scientific and practical Internet-conference “Innovation and Multicompetence in teaching and studying foreign languages”.
The conference specifies the issues of teaching foreign languages in postindustrial society, it deals with the usage of the latest informational and internet technologies in the process of teaching foreign languages, helps in searching the most efficient ways of teaching students of non-linguistic specialties to professionally oriented foreign language, clarifies the role of the teacher in the educational process under pretext of the changing educational paradigm.
The conference became a space of the effective discussion about the essence of the transformations, which took place in contemporary education, elaboration of the successful educational trajectories, analysis and integration of the innovative means of teaching and study foreign languages at the university, multicompetence of the teachers, and students as an obligatory condition of the successful professional realization at the contemporary labor market.
Particular attention at the conference was paid to modernization of linguodidactical approach to language teaching and to private problematical practices, which arise among students during the period of mastering language competences. Some important theoretical generalizations of the pioneering findings in pedagogy, teaching methods, in theory and practice of interpreting came up as a result of the conference.
The materials of the conference will be published in the conference collection of papers.
Andrey Kostin, Russian oncologist, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, became the first Vice-Rector, Vice-Rector for Research at RUDN University.
RUDN has retained its position in the top 150 leading universities in the world in the international ranking — Times Higher Education: Golden Age University Rankings 2020. This is a list of the best universities in the world that were founded between 1945 and 1967.