RUDN University signs an Agreement on the establishment of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education
Thanks to the Agreement, it is planned to organize training in Islamic business at RUDN University and other Russian and foreign universities. Students from all over the world will be able to learn the basics of Islamic business, Islamic law, finance, learn the philosophy and history of Islam, and study foreign languages.
The agreement includes a double degree program, which will open up the possibility of exchanging students from RUDN University and foreign universities. It is also planned to allocate grants for scientific work in the field of Islamic business.
The main goals of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education:
- Scientific and educational — teaching the basics of history, philosophy of Islam, Islamic banking, law and finance.
- Educational — informing the public and representatives of all denominations of the true humanistic essence of Islam.
- Economic — development of Islamic business as a significant component of the Russian economy. Attraction of investments from the countries of the Middle East.
- Humanistic — countering and preventing the ideas of extremism in the modern world.
The program of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education will be useful to students all over the world, including RUDN University students, a significant part of whom are representatives of Muslim confessions.
Thanks to cooperation with leading universities in the world, as well as outstanding scientists, professors and academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the staff, RUDN is ready to give students a full range of knowledge in the field of Islamic business.
The goal of the International Association for Islamic Businesses (IAIB) is to help young people who want to gain knowledge, but who cannot afford to pay for their education.
The launch of the educational program is scheduled for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The meeting was attended by:
- Oleg Yastrebov — Rector of RUDN University;
- Mikhail Katsarsky — Vice-rector of RUDN University for Government Relations;
- Sergey Zinkovsky — acting Director of RUDN University Law Institute;
- Marat Kabaev — President of MAIB / MAIB Business Club;
- Dmitry Potapov — Representative of MAIB on educational and strategic issues.
December 15, on the basis of RUDN University, the first QS subject summit in the areas of “Modern Languages” and “Linguistics” started. The topic of the QS Subject Focus Summit is “Languages and Migration in the Context of Globalization”.
During the first hour of work, 1,000 schoolchildren from resource centers in Mongolia, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Tajikistan, Moldova and Kyrgyzstan visited the online exhibition “Time to Study in Russia”. On December 17, the online opening of the exhibition took place at RUDN University site.
November 12, a delegation of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science and Larisa Efremova, Vice-Rector for International Affairs of RUDN University, opened the Resource Center for Russian Education on the basis of the private school “Al-Asseya” in Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic.