Thanks to the Agreement, it is planned to organize training in Islamic business at RUDN University and other Russian and foreign universities. Students from all over the world will be able to learn the basics of Islamic business, Islamic law, finance, learn the philosophy and history of Islam, and study foreign languages.
The agreement includes a double degree program, which will open up the possibility of exchanging students from RUDN University and foreign universities. It is also planned to allocate grants for scientific work in the field of Islamic business.
The main goals of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education:
- Scientific and educational — teaching the basics of history, philosophy of Islam, Islamic banking, law and finance.
- Educational — informing the public and representatives of all denominations of the true humanistic essence of Islam.
- Economic — development of Islamic business as a significant component of the Russian economy. Attraction of investments from the countries of the Middle East.
- Humanistic — countering and preventing the ideas of extremism in the modern world.
The program of the Interuniversity Center for Islamic Education will be useful to students all over the world, including RUDN University students, a significant part of whom are representatives of Muslim confessions.
Thanks to cooperation with leading universities in the world, as well as outstanding scientists, professors and academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the staff, RUDN is ready to give students a full range of knowledge in the field of Islamic business.
The goal of the International Association for Islamic Businesses (IAIB) is to help young people who want to gain knowledge, but who cannot afford to pay for their education.
The launch of the educational program is scheduled for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The meeting was attended by:
- Oleg Yastrebov — Rector of RUDN University;
- Mikhail Katsarsky — Vice-rector of RUDN University for Government Relations;
- Sergey Zinkovsky — acting Director of RUDN University Law Institute;
- Marat Kabaev — President of MAIB / MAIB Business Club;
- Dmitry Potapov — Representative of MAIB on educational and strategic issues.
October 6, Vice-Rector for International Affairs of RUDN University Larisa Efremova held negotiations with representatives of Hebei University of Engineering and the International Corporation “Eurasia”. The parties came to a decision to create a joint project — the Polytechnic Institute of Hebei University of Engineering and Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia.
December 15-17, 2020, the first QS Subject Focus Summit will be held at the RUDN University in the subject areas “Modern Languages” and “Linguistics”. The on-line summit will focus on research in languages, linguistics and migration in the context of globalization and will be attended by 300 leading linguists and specialists on migration issues from 50 countries.
September 16, Larisa Efremova took part in the panel discussion “Partnerships, consortia and network interactions in a new educational reality”. The topic of consortia was discussed by heads and experts from leading Russian universities.