✔ 1st President of the State of Palestine
✔ 2005-2013 - President of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2003 - Prime Minister of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2004 - Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization
He is the honorary chairman of the Society for Palestinian-Russian Friendship, the first country outside the Arab world that Abbas visited after his election as the leader of Palestine, was Russia. The author of 11 books. Awards:
* Grand Cross with the golden star of the Order, For the merits of Sanchez, Duarte and Mella (Dominican Republic)
* The Order of Friendship (Russia) - for the great contribution to the strengthening of Russian-Palestinian relations, the development of bilateral public and humanitarian ties
* Order of Francisco Miranda I class (Venezuela)
* The Order of Al-Fahr, 1st Degree (Council of Muftis of Russia) - for significant contribution to the settlement of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and the establishment of peace in the Middle East region
* Order of Glory and Honor, I degree, in consideration of the contribution to the development of relations between the State of Palestine and the Russian Orthodox Church, and also in connection with the 80th anniversary of his birth.
A RUDN chemist has obtained a new compound — a dumbbell-shaped phosphate-bridged molybdenum cluster. The cluster accelerates the reaction of the formation of sulfides from oxides and can be used in pharmaceutical and cosmetic manufacturing.
Mathematicians from RUDN University have studied the properties of compositional operators in spaces with mixed Lebesgue norms. It will help describe the diffusion of liquids in materials with cracks and in porous materials. Such spaces are also useful for obtaining estimates for solutions to the Navier-Stokes equation.
A biophysicist from RUDN University and his colleagues modelled the molecular dynamics of growth of microtubules, the most important elements of cell activity. The researchers have built a model for the interaction of microtubule subunits, which takes into account their internal and external connections. The results will help form a more complete model of the dynamic instability of microtubules. It will allow choosing chemical agents for the treatment of certain diseases, including neoplasms and neurodegenerative pathologies.