✔ 1st President of the State of Palestine
✔ 2005-2013 - President of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2003 - Prime Minister of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2004 - Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization
He is the honorary chairman of the Society for Palestinian-Russian Friendship, the first country outside the Arab world that Abbas visited after his election as the leader of Palestine, was Russia. The author of 11 books. Awards:
* Grand Cross with the golden star of the Order, For the merits of Sanchez, Duarte and Mella (Dominican Republic)
* The Order of Friendship (Russia) - for the great contribution to the strengthening of Russian-Palestinian relations, the development of bilateral public and humanitarian ties
* Order of Francisco Miranda I class (Venezuela)
* The Order of Al-Fahr, 1st Degree (Council of Muftis of Russia) - for significant contribution to the settlement of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and the establishment of peace in the Middle East region
* Order of Glory and Honor, I degree, in consideration of the contribution to the development of relations between the State of Palestine and the Russian Orthodox Church, and also in connection with the 80th anniversary of his birth.
A mathematician from RUDN University developed a matrix representation of set functions. This approach is vivid and easy to check, and it makes the calculations easier. Among other things, the new development can be applied to cooperative game theory.
A chemist from RUDN University together with colleagues created a new type of two-dimensional nanofilm from an organic material called calixarene. The invention can be used as a protective coating in electronics and as a part of molecular filters. They also suggested a way of increasing the durability of such films with UV radiation.
A biologist from RUDN University confirmed that selenium nanoparticles and garlic extract can effectively reduce the negative impact of stress on the health of grass carp in the breeding industry.