✔ 1st President of the State of Palestine
✔ 2005-2013 - President of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2003 - Prime Minister of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2004 - Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization
He is the honorary chairman of the Society for Palestinian-Russian Friendship, the first country outside the Arab world that Abbas visited after his election as the leader of Palestine, was Russia. The author of 11 books. Awards:
* Grand Cross with the golden star of the Order, For the merits of Sanchez, Duarte and Mella (Dominican Republic)
* The Order of Friendship (Russia) - for the great contribution to the strengthening of Russian-Palestinian relations, the development of bilateral public and humanitarian ties
* Order of Francisco Miranda I class (Venezuela)
* The Order of Al-Fahr, 1st Degree (Council of Muftis of Russia) - for significant contribution to the settlement of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and the establishment of peace in the Middle East region
* Order of Glory and Honor, I degree, in consideration of the contribution to the development of relations between the State of Palestine and the Russian Orthodox Church, and also in connection with the 80th anniversary of his birth.
A chemist from RUDN University has created platinum complex compounds that are superior in activity to cisplatin, the drug for the treatment of tumour diseases. The new compounds turned out to be also less toxic to healthy cells.
Biologist from RUDN University Morteza Yousefi has found that lavender extract added to the food reduces stress and improves immunity in carp in fish farms. The discovery may be used in fish farming.
Every year in Russia, about 4 thousand children need help of cancer surgeons. The lives of children depend on the professionalism and knowledge of surgeons. RUDN experts share relevant information and many years of experience for the first time in Russia, presenting systemic knowledge of pediatric thoracoabdominal oncological surgery in an encyclopedia published by a professor at the Faculty of Continuing Medical Education of RUDN University, Doctor of medical sciences Andrey Ryabov. The book is edited by the former chief oncologist of Russia, a brilliant oncologist surgeon, legendary academician Mikhail Davydov.