On its way to becoming a research university, RUDN is developing its scientific potential. One of the most important tasks is the creation of a system of targeted support for the scientific and teaching staff. To this end, in 2016 the University held a competition of projects with significant achievements in the priority research areas. Each winning project received funding amounting to 10 million rubles for the implementation of its development.
As the deputy head of the Office for RUDN scientific and innovation policy Iuliia Karagod says, "The competition is held in order to support and develop scientific partnership of RUDN with Russian and international high-tech companies." The expert evaluation of proposals was carried out by members of the international research councils for the corresponding areas.
As a result of the competitive selection, the following scientific projects became winners:
- "Fundamental and applied problems of gravitation, cosmology, field theory and dynamics of space objects."
The research is carried out on the basis of the RUDN "Center for Gravitation, Cosmology, Astrophysics and Space Systems" under the guidance Medeu Abishev.
Results: new cosmological models in multidimensional gravity were received and explored, a new method of designing orbiting satellite system enabling to get stable orbital configurations, reduce the necessary number of satellites and fuel consumption, as well as improve the performance of satellite coverage, was developed.
- "Convergence of physical and chemical methods in the development of new bioactive compounds."
Research takes place in the RUDN "Center for Molecular Design and Synthesis of Innovative Compounds for Medicine" under the guidance of Andrei Malkov.
The strategy of obtaining and modification of alkaloids, structurally related to natural compounds, is being developed and tested, which is promising for the synthesis of new drugs.
- "Qualitative methods in the theory of differential and functional-and-differential equations and their applications to interdisciplinary research, high-temperature plasma kinetics and mathematical medicine"
The research is carried out on the basis of the "Center for Mathematical Modelling in Interdisciplinary Research" under the guidance of Valeriy Kozlov.
Significant progress has been achieved in the study of the following outstanding problems:
- localization of the characteristics of the Vlasov-Poisson equations (the problem of high-temperature plasma confinement);
- receiving of a new class of operators satisfying the Kato hypothesis (on the square root of the operator);
- determination of the handling of immune and infectious processes' dynamics.
53 scientists, including young profesionals, became part of the research teams.
On February 19, in 2017, Nikolai Sergeyevich Prostakov would have turned 100 years old.
Dear entrants, students and alumni, meet the English-speaking channel in YouTube
2 March, RUDN chose the King of Africa or Mister RUDN Association of African students – Zim Sankvella (SAR), first-year student of the Agrarian and Technological Institute who won over students from Cameroon, Chad, Namibia, Angola, Ethiopia and SAR. Vice-Mister was Binga Medesh (Angola), third place was taken by Naftalu Kuume (Namibia).