CUC (REC) of RUDN University was established in July 2009 as part of an innovative educational program.
The objective of the center’s activities is to integrate intellectual, material-technical, technological and organizational resources for the implementation of academic and research activities in the sphere of research, standardization, quality control of substances, materials and finished products.
Scope of usage of the Center instruments:
- development and improvement of the technology of the production of original and generic ready-to-use medicines (supplements, cosmetic products) in solid (tablets, capsules), soft (suppositories, gels, ointments, creams, transdermal therapeutic systems, rapidly dissolving films) and liquid (eye drops, injection solutions, suspensions) dosage forms;
- identification of counterfeit medicines, dietary supplements and food products;
- analysis of biological materials;
- determination of the composition of medicines, dietary supplements and food products;
- determination of medicinal products and their metabolites in biological fluids (blood, urine, amniotic fluid) and extracts of internal organs (brain, liver) within preclinical and clinical research of medicines;
- determination of the qualitative and quantitative composition of medicines;
- determination of the qualitative and quantitative composition of complex multi-component objects.
In CUC (REC) of RUDN University there are 300 items of the main and auxiliary equipment used for conducting fundamental and applied research and addressing a wide range of scientific and scientific-practical problems. All the equipment of CUC (REC) of RUDN University is properly checked every year and qualified in accordance with GMP and GLP rules.
- development of original and generic compositions and pharmaceutics, dietary supplements and cosmetic products;
- development of experimental-industrial batches of medicines for clinical and preclinical research;
- contract production of non-sterile medicines and preparations from plant raw materials;
- preclinical research of medicines;
- implementation of the chemical-analytical part of clinical research;
Creation and study of ready-to-use dosage forms from the stage of synthesis of a medicinal substance to the production of experimental-industrial batches of medicines, including innovative ones;
Expert assessment of the quality of medicinal raw materials and medicinal products made of medicinal plant raw materials;
Provision of services of conducting the quality assessment of hypoglycemic agents (injection forms);
Creation of a metabolome technology that allows to analyze the qualitative and quantitative composition of herbs and their parts, predict and study the influence of various factors on the synthesis and accumulation of certain classes of organic compounds