The phytosomes were isolated from quercetin and phospholipids of soybean seeds, with antioxidant properties for the first time in Russia in IBTN.
In 2018, the employees of IBTN won the gold medal of the 38th Paris book salon LIVRE PARIS for the training manual for students “Laboratory workshop on working with the instrument particle size Analyzer NANOPHOX”.
Scientific events such as: Scientific and practical conference “International integration in the field of chemical and pharmaceutical industry” and Interdisciplinary scientific school of IBTN dedicated to the Day of Russian science are successfully implemented in IBTN every year. Scientific seminars and master classes with leading scientists of Russia and the world are held on a regular basis.
Material and technical base of IBTN, highly qualified personnel provide opportunities for participation of the Institute in the implementation of research projects of Federal and international level in laboratories, using a modern complex of scientific and analytical equipment, including work on three unique scientific installations (USI) included in the modern research infrastructure of the Russian Federation.
More than 12 inventions, useful models, computer programs and databases were developed in IBTN in 2016-2019. 12 patents of the Russian Federation for inventions and utility models, 4 certificates of state registration of computer programs and databases were received.
- All-Russian and international scientific activity
Students and research and educational staff of IBTN are active in research activities in the field of biochemical technology, biotechnology, pharmacy, chemical technology and nanotechnology, as well as in cooperating with the journals included in the list of HAC, Web of Science and Scopus databases, which provides a high publication activity. The high quality of research work, its innovative orientation, as well as modern technical equipment of laboratories and centers of IBTN contributes to the fundamentalization of education and the growth of interest of students and postgraduates in their desire to participate in the work carried out by the research teams of the Institute. Doctors and candidates of Sciences - Experienced professors - experts - will be your mentors throughout all time of training.
- Encouragement of students for excellent study and research
Master's students and postgraduates of IBTN participate and take prize-winning places in Olympiads, scholarship and grant programs: Vladimir Potanin Foundation, the President and the Government of the Russian Federation, UMNIK, Erasmus+ (internships abroad) etc.
There were 7 - winners of scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation, 10 - winners of scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation, 4 winners of the scholarship contest organized by Vladimir Potanin Foundation, 2 winners of V. F. Stanis Scholarship, 1 winner of UMNIK contest, 2 participants of the program Erasmus+ among the master's students and postgraduates of IBTN in 2017-2019.
- Interdisciplinary master's programs
Interdisciplinary technological directions of enlarged groups of specialties (33.04.01 “Industrial pharmacy”, 28.04.01 “Nanotechnology and microsystem technology”, 04.04.01 “Chemistry”, and 06.06.01 “Biological Sciences” (03.01.06 “Biotechnology (including bionanotechnology)”) allows to develop in IBTN innovative technologies in the field of biotechnology (including bionanotechnology), biomedical and pharmaceutical technology, chemical technology and nanotechnology. Students’ Scientific Society (SSS) "Fullerene&Liposome" and 8 Student Scientific Circle (SSC): “Nanophox & Co”, “Methods of thermal analysis”, “Production and study of nanostructures and nanomaterials”, “Biotechnology and bionanotechnology”, “Achievements of modern biology”, “Gnosis Pharma”, “Evening spectrum”, "Chirality", at the meetings where students, postgraduate students and young scientists can exchange scientific ideas and achievements, openly and actively conduct their activities in IBTN.
- Demand for graduates of IBTN
The Institute trains in-demand specialists with applied skills in the field of biomedical and pharmaceutical technologies and nanotechnology to work in the largest public and private biomedical and pharmaceutical enterprises of the country, research institutes and world centers of the nanoindustry. The field of professional activity of graduates are pharmaceutical companies, centers and laboratories of quality control of medicines, enterprises of the chemical industry, laboratories of research institutes, R&D centers of production companies, etc.
The maximum approximation of the educational process to the conditions of modern technologies and nanotechnologies through the expansion of practical and laboratory classes, as well as the construction of the educational process taking into account modern requirements of the biomedical, pharmaceutical and chemical industry, as well as the ability to combine training and professional activities provides high demand for graduates in the world labor market.
- Material and technical base of the Institute
The structure of the Institute includes scientific and academic center “Nanotechnology” (SAC “Nanotechnology’) and laboratory center "Biochem” (LC “Biochem”). SAC “Nanotechnology” due to the unique instrumentation and technical equipment allows to conduct research of nanomaterials and nanostructures. The activity of the laboratory center “Biochem” is aimed at testing and research of perfumery and cosmetic products, household chemicals, personal protective equipment in the field of dermatological and oral hygiene products, including products produced with the use of nanotechnology.
The Institute is equipped with modern high-tech analytical and research equipment:
- JEOL JEM-2100 transmission electron microscope. The device is equipped with an additional system for laser surface cleaning Yamato PDS 200 and ionic cutting system of samples;
- NTI analytical and technological complex;
- scanning nano-hardness tester NanoScan-3D;
- profilometer Dektak 150;
- laser interference microscope MIM-310;
- optical analysis of the samples for the first stage on the basis of microscope Nikon Eclipse MA200;
- appliance for quantitative determination of nanoparticles of Nanophox PCCS;
- appliance of simultaneous thermal analysis NETZSCH Jupiter F1 with a quadrupole mass analyzer;
- chromatographs Crystal-5000 with various detectors, including ionic trap;
- biological station Nikon IM-Q;
- nano-spray dryer Buchi “Nano spray dryer B-90”;
- spectrophotometer Lambda 950;
- ultrasonic digital setting I100-840;
- viscometer Brookfield with temperature sensor, etc.
Description of the Institute
Institute of Biochemical Technology and Nanotechnology (IBTN) was established in 2015 on the basis of the Scientific and Academic Center “Nanotechnology” RUDN.
The main activities of the Institute of Biochemical Technology and Nanotechnology are:
- formation of advanced scientific and production directions in biotechnology, chemical technology, pharmaceutical technology and nanotechnology;
- development of recommendations for the use of scientific results and the implementation of methods based on them into production practice;
- training of highly qualified specialists with applied skills in the largest public and private chemical, biomedical and pharmaceutical enterprises of the country and in the world centers of nanoindustry.
Material and technical base of IBTN, highly qualified personnel provide opportunities for the IBTN participation in the implementation of research projects, programs of federal and international level, implementation of commercial and initiative research/research and development work. We also offer organizations and individuals a wide range of scientific and technical services, using a modern complex of scientific and analytical equipment, including work on unique scientific installations (USI).
IBTN train master students and postgraduate students, complete retraining and professional development of scientific and production personnel on modern educational programs. Acquired knowledge during training in IBTN along with determination and hard work will be the first step on the way to Your professional success and welfare.
There are 10 academics at the faculty, including:
- 3 professors, doctors of science, including 1 expert of the World Health Organization (WHO), 3 members of the editorial boards of HAC journals
- 5 associate professors and candidates of science
- highly skilled specialist, heads laboratories and centers, engineers
Leading experts, scientists and specialist practitioners regularly conduct lectures, workshops, seminars, summer schools, conferences in Russian and English languages at IBTN.