38 Master students of the Faculty of Humanitarian and Social Sciences receive double diplomas: RUDN and partner university
RUDN Faculty of Humanitarian and Social Sciences always has a lot of graduates who receive not one but two diplomas studying under academic mobility programs and at least 1 semester or a year at a partner university abroad or in Russia.
At the solemn ceremony the results were summed up. In 2018, the Faculty of Humanitarian and Social Sciences trained 38 students who defended the final qualifying work in English, Chinese, French and German.
The first joint Master's program with foreign universities "European integration and global development" in political sciences was opened in 2003, in conjunction with the Institute of Political Sciences of the University of Bordeaux (France). This year saw the 13th graduation. During this time, 180 people have gone through the dual program - 80 Russian graduates and 100 French.
"I got a Bachelor's degree from the University of Bordeaux and decided to try studying under the double diploma program. I finished my first year in France and came to Russia to study political science in RUDN, "says Iskak Ulu Azim.
The first joint Master's program, implemented by the Faculty of Humanitarian and Social Sciences with Russian universities, was opened in 2012. Now it is the fifth graduation of the joint Master’s program "World Politics" in cooperation with the Diplomatic Academy of the RF Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
"I studied the first year at the Peoples' Friendship University, the second year I went to the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, I passed the state examination there and defended my thesis "The Latin American vector in the foreign policy of Spain from 1975 to 2017". I have been studying Spanish for 6 years and love Spain and Latin America. Foreign policy and the development of relations between Spain and Latin America have not been studied well enough in Russia. My diploma will help transfer theoretical experience to diplomatic practice, because the two countries are connected not only by history, but also by economy," says Maria Zemtsova, a graduate majoring in International Relations.
14 dual-diploma programs at the Faculty of Humanitarian and Social Sciences:
- “World Politics” with The Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- "European integration and global development" with the Institute of Political Science, University of Science Po (Bordeaux)
- "History of cultures" and "Public administration - political science" with the University of Pierre Méndez France (Grenoble, France)
- “World Politics” with Beijing University of Foreign Languages (PRC)
- "Modern trends in the history of Russia and China," "Philosophy: the dialogue of cultures," "Political problems of international relations and global development," "Sociology” with Shandong University (China),
- "Cultural heritage: research and management" with The University of the Balearic Islands (Spain)
- "World politics: the conceptual framework and intercultural interaction" with Madrid University Complutense (Spain)
- "Public administration - political science” with Potsdam University (Germany)
- "World politics: the conceptual framework and intercultural interaction" with the CIS Network University
- "Russia and Neighboring Regions" with the University of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
More than 70 representatives of the embassies of foreign countries in Russia, representatives of the Federation Council, and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation took part in the round table "The contribution of RUDN University to training national personnel for foreign countries." The event was held on February 5, in an online format and was timed to celebrate the 61st anniversary of RUDN University.
December 15, on the basis of RUDN University, the first QS subject summit in the areas of “Modern Languages” and “Linguistics” started. The topic of the QS Subject Focus Summit is “Languages and Migration in the Context of Globalization”.
During the first hour of work, 1,000 schoolchildren from resource centers in Mongolia, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Tajikistan, Moldova and Kyrgyzstan visited the online exhibition “Time to Study in Russia”. On December 17, the online opening of the exhibition took place at RUDN University site.