15 - 20 August, Mr.Rafael Sanchez Cardenas, Vice-Minister of higher education, science and technology of the Dominican Republic visited RUDN to discuss issues of training staff for the Dominican Republic in priority branches of economy of the country – engineering, natural sciences, agrarian and medical areas.
The guests were welcomed by E.Schestnyak, RUDN First Vice-Rector and L.Efremova, Vice-Rector for international activity.
Members of the delegation met representatives of the Economic faculty, Institute of Law, Institute of Medicine, Engineering Academy and the Faculty of Science to discuss potential cooperation.
The main outcome of the visit was the signed Protocol of Intentions highlighting the key agreements between RUDN and the Ministry of higher education, science and technology of the Dominican Republic:
- exchange of information on the parties’ strategies and programs in the sphere of science, education, health care, technology and engineering;
- training national staff for the Dominican Republic in priority branches of economy of the country;
- assistance in learning Russian to those planning to study at RUDN;
- joint research projects;
- assistance in developing cooperation between HEIs of the Dominican Republic and RUDN;
- assistance in developing Master studies (natural scientific and engineering areas) in Dominican universities.
«Citizens of the Dominican Republic and Russia have a lot in common – openness, friendliness and diligence. It helps strengthen our friendship and develop effective cooperation in higher education», said Mr. Cardenas.