«III Firsova readings. Linguistics in the 21st century: cross-disciplinary paradigms»
The aim of the conference is the discussion of topical issues of studying interrelation of language, culture, translation and communication within a modern cross-disciplinary paradigm of research.
Main directions of the conference:
- Comparative research of languages and cultures
- Language picture of the world and interaction of cultures
- Pragmatics and discourse analysis
- Ethnic identity in language and communication
- Language contacts and conflicts during globalization era
- Cross-cultural communication
- Translation theory and technique of teaching translation
Languages of the conference: Russian, English
Organizers - RUDN University together with Lomonosov Moscow State University, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics (Nijmegen, Netherlands), University of Helsinki (Finland), Institute of philology of Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Volgograd State Socio-Pedagogical University, Pushkin Leningrad State University, State University of Humanities and Technology.
Experienced researchers, young scholars as well as postgraduate students are invited to participate in the conference.