Measures taken at RUDN
General measures for the viral infection spread prevention
- All students and staff are notified of the need to report going abroad from February 24, indicating the places and dates of stay, as well as informing about all planned trips outside Russia until June 1, 2020.
- All staff and students are informed of the need to report to the RUDN University about hospitalization with suspected new coronavirus infection. Hotline: +7 (903) 136-28-30.
- Sanitary and epidemiological measures have been strengthened: all premises are regularly disinfected, classrooms, offices and labs aired out, antiseptics are available in all buildings and facilities. All dormitories are under medical supervision.
- Thermovision cameras for continuous monitoring of body temperature are installed at each entrance / exit to RUDN University buildings. In the buildings of RUDN University dormitories, body temperature is measured at the entrance to the building using non-contact thermometers. People with high body temperature (over 37.2 degrees) are isolated in specially allocated rooms until the arrival of the ambulance.
- Since March 23, 2020, all sports, entertainment, public and other public events at RUDN University are cancelled. Some events are held online or postponed.
Organization of the educational process
- Starting from March 10, RUDN University temporarily suspended sending students to study outside of Russia as part of outgoing academic mobility.
- March 16-24, the RUDN University introduced distance learning and free attendance mode.
- Since March 24, the entire educational process at the university has been transferred to online mode. Classes are held using e-learning and distance learning technologies. Students study according to individual curricula.
- From March 28 to April 5, students were on holidays. Starting from April 6, remote training is resumed at RUDN University - using e-learning and distance learning technologies.
- Hotline for online education: +7 (495) -434-42-12, email@example.com
- The state final certification of graduates of the 2019/2020 academic year will be held using distance educational technologies, with the exception of medical residency programs. RUDN University has developed appropriate regulations, while the format of the final certification is determined by the Heads of faculties and institutes.
- Since March 10, RUDN University staff trips to China, Korea, Italy, Iran, France, Germany, Spain and other countries with unfavorable epidemiological situation have been canceled or postponed.
- Since March 23, some categories of employees have been given the opportunity to work remotely. First of all - those with children under 14; people at risk: women over 60 years old, men over 65 years old; travel time to work over 1.5 hours.
- From March 26, all employees over the age of 65 are self-isolated.
- March 30 - April 4 were non-working days for all employees at RUDN University except for departments providing the university’s activity.
- From April 6 to June 14, a remote work mode was introduced for all employees, with the exception of units whose work cannot be suspended due to production and technical reasons, the need to render services to students and workers living in RUDN hostels, as well as to perform work related to ensuring safe functioning of university infrastructure
- Self-isolated employees can get assistance from RUDN volunteers at the formers’ request.
- Since March 30, all meetings of more than 10 people are in the video conference mode (for operating departments).
- From April 2 to June 14, visits to RUDN University hostels by persons who do not live in this dorm, including RUDN students living in other dorm buildings, are prohibited. Teachers and employees of RUDN University, parents, guests, representatives of diplomatic missions and consulates can visit only after getting a written permission.
- From May 12 to June 14, no vehicles are allowed on campus, with the exception of vehicles of university staff on duty, appointed by a separate order of the Rector, police vehicles, firefighters and ambulances, as well as vehicles servicing commercial organizations
- Students and staff living in RUDN University dormitories are informed about the need not to leave the dormitories or attend mass events, as well as public places with a large crowd of people, without extreme need.
- Russian students who left the dorms before March 30 notified RUDN University of the places and dates of their subsequent stay.
- For students who left campus during distance learning, payment for accommodation and utilities in dorms for the period from April 1 to June 30 has been canceled. For those who paid in advance, payment will be recalculated and carried forward to subsequent month.
- On campus, food shops work from 09:00 am to 01:00 am, food can be delivered from the nearest cafes from 10:00 am to 08:00 pm. The cafeteria in the main building of RUDN University is open from 09:00 am to 08:00 pm.
- Till June 14 included, all cafes and cafeterias on campus temporarily work only in delivery mode from 10:00 am to 08:00 pm every day.
- The work of the Volunteer Center is organized in each building of the RUDN University dormitory; work schedule is in each building.
- In Dorm #15, an office of psychological assistance for students and staff is open from 10:00am to 6:00pm (no lunchbreak) from Monday to Friday.
- Students have access to the co-working zone in the main building of RUDN University - daily from 9:00am to 10:00pm.
- RUDN Clinical and Diagnostic Center is open from 08:00am to 8:00pm. Those who live in the dorms can get emergency help there.
- From April 15 to May 1, dormitories ## 2,7 and 8, as well as the 14th floor of dorm # 10 were quarantined. For those living in these buildings, a coronavirus test was conducted twice at the expense of the university, temperature was measured daily, meal boxes were given every day.
- April 13 – June 14, self-isolation regime is introduced at RUDN dorms. April 13 – May 11, it was allowed to leave the dorm for no more than 2 hours, no more than once a day. Since May 12, you can leave the dorm for 3 hours once a day. Exceptions are staying in the co-working area or halls of the Scientific Library in the main building. Since April 14, medical masks and latex gloves can be obtained at the exit of all campus buildings. Since May 12, masks and gloves on campus and in the buildings are obligatory.
- Medical residents working in Moscow hospitals and polyclinics live separately in dorm #15, 2 people sharing a room, while their previous accommodation is preserved.
- Those who have flu and cold symptoms and have the referral of RUDN Medical Center live separately in a hospital mode with access to medical care and meals.
On February 19, in 2017, Nikolai Sergeyevich Prostakov would have turned 100 years old.
Dear entrants, students and alumni, meet the English-speaking channel in YouTube
2 March, RUDN chose the King of Africa or Mister RUDN Association of African students – Zim Sankvella (SAR), first-year student of the Agrarian and Technological Institute who won over students from Cameroon, Chad, Namibia, Angola, Ethiopia and SAR. Vice-Mister was Binga Medesh (Angola), third place was taken by Naftalu Kuume (Namibia).