Admission Campaign – 2023
It takes about 4-6 weeks to consider your documents and issue an invitation to enter the Russian Federation.
You can submit documents to the Russian Language Institute to study the Russian language at any time, however, depending on the time of submission, you may be offered two or three semesters of study.
List of basic educational programs, list of entrance examinations, tuition fees
Documents are accepted online
To apply for the 1st year Bachelor’s / Specialist’s / Master’s / Postgraduate program, a foreign citizen is to submit the following documents:
- a copy of the education or qualifications document and, if necessary, a translation of this document into Russian;
- scanned copy of a passport or another ID proving citizenship;
- consent to processing personal data;
- a copy of the medical report on the absence of contraindications for studying in the Russian Federation and the absence of HIV and AIDS;
- copies of other documents — for example, confirmation of victory in international Olympiads or professional competitions;
All documents are accepted by RUDN University either through the website, or by e-mail, or can be submitted in person.
You can ask questions about admission to Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Specialist’s programs at the Department for Recruiting and Accompanying Foreign Students:
- Department of Asian countries: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +7 (903) 133-41-90
- Department of Europe and America: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +7 (968) 534-29-53
- Department of the Middle East and North Africa: email@example.com, tel.: +7 (903) 133-40-81
- Department of the CIS and Baltic countries: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +7 (903) 133-46-80
- Department of African countries: email@example.com, tel.: +7 (903) 158-75-93
Ask questions about admission to Postgraduate and Residency programs — at the Higher Qualification Personnel Training Department firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +7(903) 130-47-81.
! The original documents have to be submitted upon arrival at the University.
! Enrollment at the fee-paying programs is after the receipt of funds to the account of the university.
Personal portfolio of talented applicants will be also taken into account
This year, RUDN University is accepting foreign citizens for Bachelor’s / Mater’s / Specialist’s programs based on competitive selection, also taking into account portfolio assessment. The following will be taken into account: academic grade average at the previous place of study with a special emphasis on the results in core subjects for the future specialty; participation in competitions, Olympiads in specialized disciplines; recommendations from the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, public organizations, associations, associations of Russian and foreign institutions; and Russian language certificates. Admission of foreign citizens to study in the 1st year of the Institute of Medicine in the Bachelor’s programs “Nursing”, “Biology”, specialties “General Medicine”, “Dentistry” and “Pharmacy” this year is carried out on the basis of entrance examinations in the form of online testing and interviews (in Russian/English). For Master’s programs, the position of the previous university in the world ranking will be taken into account. PhD programs require scientific articles and a motivation letter.
Thus, the portfolio of a foreign applicant at RUDN University is considered according to the following criteria:
- academic grade average at the previous level of education, including learning outcomes in specialized subjects (max — 45 points);
- achievements in educational and social activities, certificates, diplomas, etc. (max — 5 points);
- foreign language proficiency certificate (5 points);
- status of an applicant based on the results of participation in competitions/Olympiads for foreign citizens (winner/prize-winner) (Bachelor’s/Specialist’s degree: winner — 40 points, prize-winner — 35 points; Master’s degree: winner — 15 points, prize-winner — 10 points);
- recommendations (or other similar documents) from public organizations, associations, Russian foreign missions, foreign diplomatic missions, RUDN faculties, etc. (5 points);
- position of the university, whose education document the candidate provides when enrolling, in world rankings (for Master’s programs) (10 points);
- volunteering (5 points);
- lmotivational letter (for Master’s programs) (10 points).
The contribution of each selection criterion to the final rating of a candidate is determined by the Rules for Admission to RUDN University for Bachelor’s, Specialist’s and Master’s Programs for the 2023/2024 academic year (Order No. 623 dated November 1, 2022).