The objective of these lectures is to provide a broad overview of state-of-art interoperable architecture and protocol solutions and standards for the Internet of Things, with the following syllabus:
- Introduction to the long-term evolution of IoT systems: from verticals to horizontal interoperable IoT systems. Overview of standard IoT protocols and open architectures for IoT platforms.
- IoT interoperability through standard network protocols: the IPv6-based network stack for IoT.
- IoT interoperability through standard restful protocols and architectures. The Web of Things: the CoAP and MQTT protocols.
- Interoperability through standard data encoding and representation languages: JSON, XML, SenML.
- General overview of IoT platforms and middleware with edge/cloud integration.
Enzo Mingozzi, Professor of University of Pisa (Italy), the Editorial Board member of Computer Networks (Elsevier), Computer Communications (Elsevier), and Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks (Old City Publishing), will come to visit the RUDN University to give a course of lectures for undergraduate and graduate students of the Applied Mathematics & Communications Technology Institute of RUDN University on the subject «Architectures and Protocols for IoT Systems» on May 22.