The IV International Scientific-Practical Conference "Language and Education in the Information Society" (LEIS)
Dear colleagues, RUDN university represented by a chair of foreign languages (Science faculty) and Internship Organisation Employment Assistance Department is honoured to inform you about IV International Scientific Conference «Language and Education in Information Society» (LEIS) (March 26, 2018).
Conference Organizers & Committee
- RUDN University (Russia)
- Oscar Ribash University (Angola)
- University of Namibia (Namibia)
- Copperbelt University (Zambia)
- Turan University (Kazakhstan)
- Institute of World Economy and International Relations (Kazakhstan)
- Ural Federal University (Russia)
- Surgut State University (Russia)
- Gomel State University named after F. Skorina (Belarus)
Against a backdrop of evolving technologies and shifting sociocultural and political dynamics, the 2018 LEIS conference theme, Language and Education in Information Society, encourages scholars to delve more deeply into a concept inextricably linked with communication. LEIS is particularly concerned with language, linguistics and critical perspectives, theory, pedagogical values, analysis, practice based research and designs for learning. The special focus of the conference is research and practice that addresses relational and interactional aspects of learning and development with an emphasis on dialogical learning, collaborative learning, networked learning and students’ independent work.
The LEIS Scientific Committee has a strong commitment of providing opportunities for conference participants to exchange knowledge and ideas, communicate and learn from each other. The conference programme combines a number of sessions and events that are designed specifically to promote interactions among the participants. These range from more formal Oral and Poster sessions, through parallel Invited Session presentations, Workshop discussions and Live Performances to informal coffee breaks and optional social activities.
We welcome contributions which address any aspects of language, linguistics and studying and teaching languages, formal and informal education, new technologies in education, and digital learning, including, but not limited to, the following:
- interdisciplinary linguistic research;
- formal and informal education;
- English language for academic purposes;
- English language for professional purposes;
- technology-enhanced education;
- students' independent work;
- theories, methodologies, and design for networked learning;
- diversity and multiculturalism in education;
- teacher education for new and prospective teachers;
- multidisciplinary research and education.