The All-Russian Youth Readings named after V.I. Vernadsky is a competition of youth’s research works. The V.I. Vernadsky Non-Governmental Ecological Foundation has been a co-organizer for more than 20 years (since 1993).
The readings are named after the outstanding scientist Vladimir Ivanovich Vernadsky. He is a representative of Russian cosmism, a creator of biogeochemistry, a researcher of biology, soil science, crystallography, geochemistry, mineralogy, paleontology and, finally, an author of the idea of noosphere – a special state of biosphere, in which the Earth develops in accordance with a program developed by man.
Firstly, the Readings help understand our planet as a single organism and, secondly, master the scientific way of understanding the world around us.
The purpose of the competition is the intellectual and personal development of young researchers from Russia and other countries; development of the system of organization and infrastructure of students’ research activities in educational institutions.
Geography of participants: Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Italy, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Belarus
Theme (agenda) of the event:
- Earth sciences;
- astronomy and physics;
- medicine and health;
- invertebrate zoology, vertebrate zoology;
- nature conservation, phytocenology and plant communities;
- engineering ecology, genetics, bioengineering, molecular biology, botany,
- water bodies sciences, microbiology, cell biology and plant physiology;
- pharmacology, biotechnology and food chemistry, agrobiology, agrochemistry, plant protection, chemistry, mathematics and computer science.
Conditions for participation in the event: information letter.
Results of the event: a collection of competition works