The key goal of the conference is to highlight the diversity of functional aspects of intercultural communication in the context of integration of the whole world into a common educational space. The participants of the conference will pay attention to the issues of the discursive formation of the social and cultural competence in the process of professional and linguistic skills of the translators.
Reports on the following topics will be heard and discussed at the conference:
- intercultural communication as a global problem of the modern world
- interrelation of functional approaches of intercultural communication with problems of interpretation
- intercultural communication as a factor of educational activity
- the role of the intercultural component of the linguistic personality in understanding of social and cultural reality
- hypertextuality and discursive approach as one of the linguistic aspects of intercultural communication
- formation of social and cultural competence in the process of professional language training of translators
- integrative approach in the process of foreign languages teaching as a stage in the formation of a common world educational space
Among the key speakers will be:
- Keith J. Topping, Professor, University of Dundee, UK (world ranking 261). Topic: “Peer Assisted Language Learning between Countries”
- Valérie Carayol, Professor, University of Bordeaux, France (world ranking 441-450). Topic: “Discordance des temps Rythmes, temporalités, urgence à l'ère de la globalisation de la communication”
- Steven L. Thorne, Professor, Portland State University, USA (world ranking 100). Topic: “Mobile Reading as Social and Embodied Practice”
Scientists and practitioners dealing with the issues of translation studies, linguistics, intercultural communication, pedagogy, psychology, sociolinguistics, problems of development of the modern educational process are invited to participate in the conference.
The conference will include master classes with the participation of Russian and foreign experts, a student section will work.
Geography of participants: France, Tunisia, Great Britain, Kazakhstan, Italy, Mexico, Russia.
Theme of the event:
- intercultural communication as a factor of educational activity;
- interrelation of functional approaches of intercultural communication with problems of interpretation;
- integrative approach in the process of foreign languages teaching as a stage of formation of the common world educational space;
- thematic sections in English, French and Spanish;
- section of young scientists and student section.
Results of the event: Collection of scientific articles