Structural unit: S.M. Nikol’skii Mathematical Institute.
- General theory of elliptic equations in unbounded domains
- Mathematical theory of reaction-diffusion waves with applications in chemical kinetics and combustion
- Investigation of nonlocal reaction-diffusion equations and delay equations
- Detection and investigation of vibrational thermal explosion
- Study of capillary phenomena in miscible liquids
- Mathematical theory of the origin and evolution of biological species
- Mathematical theory and modeling of biomedical processes: atherosclerosis and other chronic inflammation, blood clotting and thrombosis, cancer
- Development of new methods of mathematical modeling in Biomedicine
- Study of various biological and environmental issues: plant growth, morphogenesis, etc.
Thematics of the center:
- Mathematical modeling in Immunology;
- Mathematical modeling of cancer;
- Mathematical modeling of blood clotting, thrombosis and other cardiovascular diseases;
- Mathematical analysis and numerical simulation;
- Nonlinear dynamics.
Main scientific directions
- Cardiovascular diseases: atherosclerosis, blood clotting and thrombosis, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke.
- Cancer: hematological diseases (leukemia, multiple myeloma), solid tumors.
- Infectious diseases: HIV, tuberculosis, other diseases.
- Neurodegenerative diseases: Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease.
- Transversal topic: mathematical analysis and numerical simulation of the corresponding models.