COST CA15104 (IRACON) Training School "Network Models, Architectures and Applications for 5G" organized by Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University). COST Training School will be held in Moscow, Russia.
The Training School features a program of lectures delivered by leading experts in the area of 5G networks. The objective of the School is to give attendees a global view, with an insight into some specific aspects, on research in key features of the emerging 5G technologies from the networking perspective, addressing models, architectures and applications. Attendees will have an opportunity to participate in stimulating discussions with leading experts, obtain useful feedback, and initiate new collaborations. Lectures will provide the background on 5G wireless communications networks concepts. In the course of the lectures, connections will be made to network architectures and protocol design, including radio resource management issues, while also introducing the mathematics associated with analysis and optimisation of the emerging wireless communication systems.
The School is aimed at Ph.D. students, targeting COST institutions participating in Action CA15104 (IRACON), but open to other institutions as well. Moreover, participation is also open to other researchers and students, who actively work on or are interested in future mobile network.
Topics of interest:
- 5G Architecture design PHY, MAC
- 5G Operators point of view: architecture for Heterogeneous Networks and beyond
- C-RAN and Energy efficient resource allocation
- Backhaul/fronthaul (wired, Wireless, mmwaves,etc.)
- Massive MIMO and dynamic Beamforming
- Dynamic Spectrum Access, Resource Management and Self Organising Networks (SON)
- 5G Network slicing for vertical industries
- Multiaccess Edge Computing (MEC) for 5G Networks
- SDN/NFV cognitive, cooperative and reconfigurable networks
- IoT networking in 5G
- 5G flexible platforms
- Context-based network orchestration using AI
- Modelling resource sharing between multimedia and sensory data over LTE/NB-IoT
- Modelling RAN slicing by means of queuing systems with finite resources
- Role of AI and ML in 5G and Beyond networks
- Trust networks: role of blockchain and smart contracts in 5G and beyond networks
- Drones and UAVs in 5G networks as UEs, relays, RRHs and BSs
- Privacy in IoT and 5G networks
- Cloud- and Virtual-RAN architectures, resource management and performance